The Cure - all things big, small, and sticky sweet

i've been told by somebody who contacted rhino via e-mail directly two different release dates for vinyl in the UK (Nov 25th 2022) & U.S. (January 27th 2023).
So it's about $25 more to get it from UDiscover over Amoeba. I guess it's up to whether getting it two months sooner is worth that cost (keeping in mind it has to take an overseas journey).

So it's about $25 more to get it from UDiscover over Amoeba. I guess it's up to whether getting it two months sooner is worth that cost (keeping in mind it has to take an overseas journey).
The EU version will likely be pressed at a decent plant and sound incredible. The US version will likely be a piece of shit pressed at United and will be wildly off-center.

Just a guess, but that is what happens with other albums, e.g., Radiohead Kid Amnesiac, Cake Fashion Nugget.

The EU version will likely be pressed at a decent plant and sound incredible. The US version will likely be a piece of shit pressed at United and will be wildly off-center.

Just a guess, but that is what happens with other albums, e.g., Radiohead Kid Amnesiac, Cake Fashion Nugget.
The is exactly why I got this one. They're going to print a million of these things but all the US ones are going to be OK at best

This is a great point. I have my order in at Amazon UK and was planning on canceling it when US presales started popping up, now I think I'll hang on to it.

This is a great point. I have my order in at Amazon UK and was planning on canceling it when US presales started popping up, now I think I'll hang on to it.
I'm waiting on that stones mono box from amzn Co uk

I have all but one of the Rhino reissues(US) that Smith had remastered and they sound fantastic. The only one I don’t have is Head On The Door. I did buy that one but it was advertised as the Rhino but when I got it, it was a different press from CZ and I sent it back.

Last edited:
I have all but one of the Rhino reissues(US) that Smith had remastered and they sound fantastic. The only one I don’t have is Head On The Door. I did buy that one but it was advertised as the Rhino but when I got it, it was a different press from CZ and I sent it back.
I believe most of those were mastered off the earlier plates from ..... I want to say 2010ish?... so yeah they all sound fantastic. Disintegration and Kiss Me sound amazing.

European tour bump.
Anyone following? Nice to see Perry back in the fold. Set lists have been fun!
Hoping they are able to tour the states and that I don’t have to drive out of town for. 🤞🏻

European tour bump.
Anyone following? Nice to see Perry back in the fold. Set lists have been fun!
Hoping they are able to tour the states and that I don’t have to drive out of town for. 🤞🏻

Been following. Hoping for US tour as well.

The 3 new songs played are all 💙😭😞💙 (that’s a good thing)

Back