The Cure - all things big, small, and sticky sweet

I'm gonna be honest. I saw them in 1986, 1987, 1989, and in 1992 for the Wish tour.

Those shows were great - but by 1992 they had extended A Forest from 6 minutes to 9 minutes to 12 minutes.
They could keep it at 6 and play two 3-minute songs or another 6-minute song.

And I absolutely love that song, but it was enough 'dun-dun... dun-dun... dun-dun' at the end.

I'm gonna be honest. I saw them in 1986, 1987, 1989, and in 1992 for the Wish tour.

Those shows were great - but by 1992 they had extended A Forest from 6 minutes to 9 minutes to 12 minutes.

And I absolutely love that song, but it was enough 'dun-dun... dun-dun... dun-dun' at the end.

I saw them most of those years (maybe not in '87) and the last time was at Curiosa on Randall's Island in NYC in 2004. I remember hearing A Forest that night, but don't recall it being that extended. Maybe it was and I just am old and my memory is shot.

Really hoping to see them again, I skipped their most recent tour in 2016 because we had too much going on.

Between me and the hubs registering, hopefully one of us gets verified and can buy tix. We’ll see.

😭wahhhh. The NYC dates line up with the last few days of school for my kids, and all the year end stuff that comes along with it. I am bummed but doesn’t look like I can make it work.

MSG night 2 in 2016 is one of the best concerts I have ever seen by any band.

😭wahhhh. The NYC dates line up with the last few days of school for my kids, and all the year end stuff that comes along with it. I am bummed but doesn’t look like I can make it work.

MSG night 2 in 2016 is one of the best concerts I have ever seen by any band.
I was at MSG night 3, also mesmerizing.

One of the only concerts better than that I attended was … The Cure … in 1992 at the Worcester Centrum. At that show they played three encores, flood lights went up, but no one would leave, people were manic, so they turned the brights off and then came back out for a fourth. Just incredible. And my first concert at 13 years old. Life was different after that night.

Is anyone else signed up for the Detroit show? That’s my #1 choice but I’d try to make Chicago or AZ work if that’s the only option.
Boston and Philly, in that order, for me, since I don't think I could swing MSG with them being mid-week. Not sure if the single shows in those cities means they'll have more demand than the three in MSG or not.

My brother hasn't received an email yet - since I'm waitlisted, I hope that means people who will have a chance for tix are emailed later, so he can get one for me.

Back