The Colemine Records rabbit hole

This thread has made me wonder how to pronounce “mage”...and what it means.

I wonder if I’m the only one.

To spare the humility of others...after some googling, a “mage” is a magician or learned person and it rhymes with “wage”.

The more you know.
The way I learned that word was playing Final Fantasy. Will admit I pronounced it “mag-e” at first and thought to myself,” that ain’t right” ha

Thought the Colemine exclusive was the red/black split? That's what my order says, not seeing that it's gone out.

There are limited beyond the Colemine one as they have about 3 record labels on the back of it! The Colemine red black split didn’t make it to where I bought from so i got the ATO translucent red limited one. Yet another translucent red record...

Four more singles coming my way via discogs (in addition to the three most recent Colemine just put out). I may have a problem.

Four more singles coming my way via discogs (in addition to the three most recent Colemine just put out). I may have a problem.

This is one company that there is no such as having a problem

That Rugged Nuggets is 🔥

I just found this in my local shop

Soul slabs volume two
CLMN 12026
Black vinyl

Is this a pretty new release?

Are the labels white on it? Should say something along the lines of "for promotional use only". We haven't repressed it yet, so the only black copies in circulation are limited to around 130 and have white labels. We send those out to stores ahead of releases to promote stuff....

I'm wondering....did you have to pay for it? Because we give explicit instructions that if they're not interested in the promo, they should give it away to a customer, and NOT SELL IT.

If you paid for it, and you don't mind naming, please shoot me a DM with the shops name so I can remove them from the promo list if it is indeed a promo copy. Or you can post publicly here too, if you're prefer :)

I just found this in my local shop

Soul slabs volume two
CLMN 12026
Black vinyl

Is this a pretty new release?

Actually, I just remembered the label won't say "for promotional use only", that layer somehow got deleted in the art file haha. BUT, the labels will be white with a black top, as opposed to the black with a silver top featured on the red vinyl.

Are the labels white on it? Should say something along the lines of "for promotional use only". We haven't repressed it yet, so the only black copies in circulation are limited to around 130 and have white labels. We send those out to stores ahead of releases to promote stuff....

I'm wondering....did you have to pay for it? Because we give explicit instructions that if they're not interested in the promo, they should give it away to a customer, and NOT SELL IT.

If you paid for it, and you don't mind naming, please shoot me a DM with the shops name so I can remove them from the promo list if it is indeed a promo copy. Or you can post publicly here too, if you're prefer :)
glad to hear you are willing to hold places accountable. I wish RSD did.

I know right, that's Durand Jones first album, soul slabs vol 1 & 2, KF and now Black Pumas for me that are going to be the translucent red.

@Plaid Room / Colemine would be nice if you can hook us international folks up with some different variant colours :)

It’s not just Colemine though, I have so many from other people too haha! I wouldn’t mind a few more translucent emerald green ones, that Van Morrison record looks damn good!

glad to hear you are willing to hold places accountable. I wish RSD did.

RSD does hold places accountable. I've seen it plenty of times first hand. If you see a store gouging, or breaking any of the RSD rules, call them out. Realize that the entity known as RSD is really only a few folks, and they get destroyed with emails. If you provide them with proof of the pledged RSD store, I can almost guarantee they'll do something about it.

If they don't, reach out to me. Stores that violate the rules make the day not as fun for those of us who do follow them. I'll personally reach out on anyone's behalf as long as you can provide me proof that the store is violating the rules.

RSD does hold places accountable. I've seen it plenty of times first hand. If you see a store gouging, or breaking any of the RSD rules, call them out. Realize that the entity known as RSD is really only a few folks, and they get destroyed with emails. If you provide them with proof of the pledged RSD store, I can almost guarantee they'll do something about it.

If they don't, reach out to me. Stores that violate the rules make the day not as fun for those of us who do follow them. I'll personally reach out on anyone's behalf as long as you can provide me proof that the store is violating the rules.
good to know, I will definitely do that

Back