The Colemine Records rabbit hole

Yep, just make sure to be on the subscriber list:

Yep, just make sure to be on the subscriber list:
Are you able to share the approximate number of subscribers to the email list or is that a trade secret? Also does the subscriber number factor into the number of copies you make?

While I'll keep that number a secret, but I'll say it does factor in a bit. Our mail goal with our limited edition stuff is to make sure folks that want to get it are able to get it, whether that's from us or from an indie retailer. The idea is never to ostracize folks or anything, but to incentivize folks that were in the know early on during a release cycle.

To me, if you're excluding more people than you're including right at the beginning of a release cycle, then you're doing it wrong. There's another label that does some limited pressings for their VAULT and to me it seems to leave more folks out that it includes.....and I never want to be doing that.

Yeah, the Wax Mage just go crazy fast anymore. Heath (who does all of the Wax Mage pressings) used to be able to do up to 50 on any particular release, but now they can only do 25. Hence us charging a high amount and donating all the proceeds.

But yes, this is a fun drop! Very diverse! I bet I've listened to the B-side on the Micahel Nau 45 500 times hahahaha.

TC

Ghost Funk Orchestra - A song for Paul (1500 x gold vinyl) - LP
GA-20 - Naggin' On my mind/Sit Down Baby (750 x blue vinyl) - 7"
Michael Nau - No Quit/Rides Through The Morning (1250 x gold vinyl) - 7"
Barbara Howard - I don't want yor love/the man above (1000 x pink vinyl) - 7"

I'm waiting for the above to show up as pre-sale in the European outlets (resident-Juno-HHV are my preferred options)

I'm waiting for the above to show up as pre-sale in the European outlets (resident-Juno-HHV are my preferred options)

Rough Trade has the pink Barbara Howard for £21.99 but they don’t have any of the others.

Yeah, shipping costs to EU are terrible, so we always suggest HHV or Juno :)

Actually, I just remembered the label won't say "for promotional use only", that layer somehow got deleted in the art file haha. BUT, the labels will be white with a black top, as opposed to the black with a silver top featured on the red vinyl.

Labels are white with a black top, yes.

I don't know if the shop where I bought it gets serviced direct from Colemine. They have people bringing in stuff constantly, so it could have been a trade-in from someone who had a promo, perhaps a reviewer?

I'm going to ask on the down-low (I know an employee there) if they get promos from Colemine. I have never seen one there before, and I'm a regular (like 4-5 times a month) shopper.

I did pay for it, it was not free. Being that the 'promo' text was left off, I didn't think it was a giveaway item.

Last edited:

Boy oh boy...
I have to start a vinyl diet....

Boy oh boy...
I have to start a vinyl diet....

Folks are trying to start a vinyl diet, and we're over here slangin' biscuits and gravy.....

Can't get over how awesome that Michael Nau is! The drums on the A are like a warm fuzzy blanket. B-Side is ACE!!! Grabbed up the GFO as well. Damn, @Plaid Room / Colemine got me soppin' up that gravy. 😋

That B makes me feel like it was recorded in some abandoned church in the South or something. It's just amazing.

@folsom_lives @Crabbers @Skalap

Red Vinyl of Soul Slabs Vol 1 seems to have one copy available in the EU again - note I got this for 27€ so it could be worth watching to see if it drops - linked various amazon's below to see what gets you the cheapest shipping to the states. I assume the Americans will get a bit of a discount as you won't have to pay VAT (19%) that is already included in the price:

@folsom_lives @Crabbers @Skalap

Red Vinyl of Soul Slabs Vol 1 seems to have one copy available in the EU again - note I got this for 27€ so it could be worth watching to see if it drops - linked various amazon's below to see what gets you the cheapest shipping to the states. I assume the Americans will get a bit of a discount as you won't have to pay VAT (19%) that is already included in the price:

Thanks! Already ordered the standard version on last HHV weekender :)

Still looks pricey for you guys - $50 shipped from amazon UK - if someone has the 5 pound voucher that would help him. Good luck @folsom_lives ! I hope it's actually the Red version as well but since they have different ASINs and Barcodes I'm pretty sure it will be.

Still looks pricey for you guys - $50 shipped from amazon UK - if someone has the 5 pound voucher that would help him. Good luck @folsom_lives ! I hope it's actually the Red version as well but since they have different ASINs and Barcodes I'm pretty sure it will be.
Thanks. But I just looked at how much I've spent this month and I think this will have to take a backseat for the time being.

Back