The Colemine Records rabbit hole

@folsom_lives @Crabbers @Skalap

Red Vinyl of Soul Slabs Vol 1 seems to have one copy available in the EU again - note I got this for 27€ so it could be worth watching to see if it drops - linked various amazon's below to see what gets you the cheapest shipping to the states. I assume the Americans will get a bit of a discount as you won't have to pay VAT (19%) that is already included in the price:

@Crabbers, well I caved because the Amazon UK came in at $46 USD shipped. The used version from Lost Weekend was gonna be $50 and it seemed like it was a popular item on the socials... Pray for my wallet.

Nice Colemine shipment arrived today! :love::love::love:

Black Pumas - Black Pumas LP
Lee Moses - How Much Longer Must I Wait? LP
Thee Sinseers - It Was Only A Dream single
The Freedom Affair - Rise Up single
The True Loves - Famous Last Words single
Neal Francis - These Are The Days single
Kelly Finnigan - Catch Me I'm Falling single

Are the Ghost Funk Orchestra LP, GA-20, Michael Nau, or Barbara Howard worth pre-ordering?
This is probably the wrong thread to ask for an unbiased opinion, so, yes.

Edit:
I'm personally not a big 45's guy, but I definitely am going to pre order GFO LP. Though that Kelly Finnigan B-Side "Trouble" is causing some moderate FOMO right now.

Well, just started to play my Black Pumas..I went in totally blind, like I do all my Colemine releases, and holy shit....through 2 songs and I found my favorite album of the year instantly. This is FIRE 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

EDIT: There are some intermittent pops and the disc is kinda scratched so hoping for the best

Well, just started to play my Black Pumas..I went in totally blind, like I do all my Colemine releases, and holy shit....through 2 songs and I found my favorite album of the year instantly. This is FIRE 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

EDIT: There are some intermittent pops and the disc is kinda scratched so hoping for the best

Let us know if there's issues, we have a few copies set back for replacements. What's your favorite track?

Let us know if there's issues, we have a few copies set back for replacements. What's your favorite track?
Halfway through side b right now, but song 2 "Colors" stood out to me most. Side A has lil clicks throughout, Side B good so far, but looks to have a squiggly scratch on it coming up so lets see if it affects it:)

EDIT: huge scratchy noise....email coming in:(

Last edited:

I get static and popping on Side B. It comes at the end of the 3rd song and like the first minute of the 4th song. Listened to my copy twice today and that's the only issue I had. It is the ATo splatter. @Crabbers which variant do you have?

I get static and popping on Side B. It comes at the end of the 3rd song and like the first minute of the 4th song. Listened to my copy twice today and that's the only issue I had. It is the ATo splatter. @Crabbers which variant do you have?
Colemine split

Back