The Colemine Records rabbit hole

By the way when I made that post, I had no idea it was the latest causality of the million variantitis. I mostly just meant I opened my email and then smashed buy!

brand new member here- joined just so i could interact w/ this thread after finding it through a google search.

found out about “sure fire soul emsemble” a few weeks ago, but didn’t fall into the colemine rabbit-hole until just yesterday.

should be receiving my first release in the next couple of days. excited to look through this year-old thread.

brand new member here- joined just so i could interact w/ this thread after finding it through a google search.

found out about “sure fire soul emsemble” a few weeks ago, but didn’t fall into the colemine rabbit-hole until just yesterday.

should be receiving my first release in the next couple of days. excited to look through this year-old thread.
Welcome! You’re coming in at a great time. Yesterday they started a new series since they won’t have vinyl ready till late summer:

First single is fire:

Posting bandcamp link because they are giving all proceeds directly to the artist the first week of release on these!

Welcome!!! Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

my personal recommendations are:
Durand Jones-s/t
Soul scratch
Monophonics
Orgone mix tape
Delvon organ trio

Hey @Plaid Room / Colemine , I’m sure you can’t fully answer this. Thee Sinseers being the new single got me thinking about it and well, it never hurts to ask.

They just had a single released as part of the launch for Dap-Tone’s new imprint Penrose.

I can certainly understand the whole Black Pumas/Durand Jones explosion thing and a larger label helping with distribution. I’m just curious about the acts that seem to bounce around labels. I’m sure there are different circumstances. With someone like Thee Sinseers who seem to have a lot of heat behind them are they just searching for the best contract? Are you guys and Dap-Tone in a bidding war? Is it all that y’all are friendly and work with folk who want to work with you and have no obligation not to?

Have people been enjoying the Brighter Days Ahead video series? I totally love it. They've been premiering a track and then doing a lot of quarantine performances, tours of Plaid Room / Colemine and closes on a B-Side. Chat on the sidebar has Terry and a lot of your favorite artists participating on it. A good Thursday night tradition for me.

Have people been enjoying the Brighter Days Ahead video series? I totally love it. They've been premiering a track and then doing a lot of quarantine performances, tours of Plaid Room / Colemine and closes on a B-Side. Chat on the sidebar has Terry and a lot of your favorite artists participating on it. A good Thursday night tradition for me.
Yes I have and I’ve been buying the single the next day on Bandcamp because the funds go directly to the artist for the first week. I usually watch on the weekend after so haven’t seen last night’s yet.

Back