The Colemine Records rabbit hole

These are great, and I went down this hole already thanks to the kind folks here. :) The "problem" is that most all is very good, and it is tough to choose. A couple of favorites:

Do you like a funky organ? This is really good:

Someone on this board (I forget who) declared this album was so good that it would be buried with them - ha! :)

New Monophonics and Black Market Brass are great, too:

But, I have many of the others, too, and they all get spins. You can't go wrong ;)

They are all sooooo good. I basically went down the rabbit hole around when I started this thread. I think I pretty much obtained most of what I could get my hands on. 😳 At this point, I need the first Durand Jones and the Orgone LP (not the mixtape, I have that). Just a matter of getting around to it.

Love the Delvon Lamarr's (both LP's), though I think the live one you mention is my favorite.

Another I'm playing a lot is Neal Francis.

They are all sooooo good. I basically went down the rabbit hole around when I started this thread. I think I pretty much obtained most of what I could get my hands on. 😳 At this point, I need the first Durand Jones and the Orgone LP (not the mixtape, I have that). Just a matter of getting around to it.

Love the Delvon Lamarr's (both LP's), though I think the live one you mention is my favorite.

Another I'm playing a lot is Neal Francis.
Durand S/T is the essential of all Colemines imo...followed closely behind are monophonics, orgone mixtape, and delvon....don’t sleep on soul scratch though...top 5 of mine all time

Durand S/T is the essential of all Colemines imo...followed closely behind are monophonics, orgone mixtape, and delvon....don’t sleep on soul scratch though...top 5 of mine all time

The delay is mostly because I want one of the exclusive color pressings. So I'm holding out for a decent price. That record is fantastic.

Definitely not sleeping on the Soul Scratch (I think I posted this many months ago on here) 😉:

IMG_1612.JPG

I agree with you - very underrated in the catalog. That said, I could find myself saying that a lot about the different LPs in Colemine Catalog. 😆

Last edited:
The Soul Slabs Vol. 1 & 2 are a good place to start for variety. But really, go for whatever you like most - can't really go wrong.

trying to find them, right now i cant find them at a decent price in Europe-

These are great, and I went down this hole already thanks to the kind folks here. :) The "problem" is that most all is very good, and it is tough to choose. A couple of favorites:

Do you like a funky organ? This is really good:

Someone on this board (I forget who) declared this album was so good that it would be buried with them - ha! :)

New Monophonics and Black Market Brass are great, too:

But, I have many of the others, too, and they all get spins. You can't go wrong ;)

i had my eyes on the other Delvon Lamarr album.
the Monophonics is up there too

Last edited:
That was me and I still stand by that assessment. Cosmic Slop is a perfect song and in my opinion better than the original by a million miles.

Back