The Colemine Records rabbit hole

Anyone have a hype sticker for Black Market Brass they don't want? I'll pay for postage. Mine did not survive trying to take it off the shrink :(

Checking in with a two girls and red. It's hard to tell from this picture but the record is a marbled red and looks really cool. I just wish I hadn't gotten my least favorite of the cover variants (if anyone wants to trade for a graffiti wall, just the insert, I'd be down haha). Aside from that this album is great and continues to grow on me, it sounds great, and the packaging is really cool. Another top notch release from the guys at Colemine!

Got my "Coke Bottle Clear" release today from Rough Trade. Pretty happy with the street-art cover. Disappointed that this one is not hand-numbered though - I assume the other is? it's not, see below, so all good :) Also Black Market Brass in the parcel, but haven't played it yet...

IMG_20200317_170546.jpg

Edit: actually is the clear one /2500 from Colemine hand numbered? I assumed it was but can't see it on pics

Last edited:
God my "Coke Bottle Clear" release today from Rough Trade. Pretty happy with the street-art cover. Disappointed that this one is not hand-numbered though - I assume the other is? Also Black Market Brass in the parcel, but haven't played it yet...

View attachment 36752

Edit: actually is the clear one /2500 from Colemine hand numbered? I assumed it was but can't see it on pics
I think there must have been some mis-information at some point. We didn't number any of these on this LP. Glad to hear folks are digging the LP!

The Soul Slabs Vol. 1 & 2 are a good place to start for variety. But really, go for whatever you like most - can't really go wrong.
These are great, and I went down this hole already thanks to the kind folks here. :) The "problem" is that most all is very good, and it is tough to choose. A couple of favorites:

Do you like a funky organ? This is really good:

Someone on this board (I forget who) declared this album was so good that it would be buried with them - ha! :)

New Monophonics and Black Market Brass are great, too:

But, I have many of the others, too, and they all get spins. You can't go wrong ;)

Back