The Colemine Records rabbit hole

See my problem with separating out further than the two genres o already do is that I’ll ignore records. I took Jazz out to be sure I didn’t ignore all my other records and classical because it is really music I have to be in a particular mood for. If I separated out the Colemine records.... R.I.P. the rest of my collection.

OK. Show of hands. Who here separates out their Colemine releases since I'm debating giving them their own cube. I go back to them so often that I hate digging to find them.
i've a separate blues and soul section, and my colemine records go in there (7 to grow to 10 as soon as the next delivery comes) in alphabetical order with lots of other great stuff.

It's my personal go to section when I am looking for records to play.

<edit > 9 colemine records already in the bank, 4 more to arrive soon!

Last edited:
OK. Show of hands. Who here separates out their Colemine releases since I'm debating giving them their own cube. I go back to them so often that I hate digging to find them.

Yep, I definitely do!
I do this with all the series that this makes sense to me to do; MMJ, Analogue Productions, Tone Poet, Black Lion, Colemine, VMP (further separated into Classics, Essentials and Exclusives)

Yep, I definitely do!
I do this with all the series that this makes sense to me to do; MMJ, Analogue Productions, Tone Poet, Black Lion, Colemine, VMP (further separated into Classics, Essentials and Exclusives)
I thought about sorting out the VMP stuff before, but with so much of it being artists I have other albums of that would almost become too confusing.

I thought about sorting out the VMP stuff before, but with so much of it being artists I have other albums of that would almost become too confusing.
I have the VMP stuff on their own shelf currently, but considering freeing them from their obis and letting them become free-range records - allowing them to roam and co-mingle with the rest of the collection. ;)

I have the VMP stuff on their own shelf currently, but considering freeing them from their obis and letting them become free-range records - allowing them to roam and co-mingle with the rest of the collection. ;)
all my records are free range. I just give the jazz records organic grass in addition to lots of pasture.

Back