The Colemine Records rabbit hole

So, Colemine fans - is it fairly easy to find the colored wax versions of older releases, or should I just get the standard readily available black versions to fill out my collection?

So, Colemine fans - is it fairly easy to find the colored wax versions of older releases, or should I just get the standard readily available black versions to fill out my collection?
I have no idea. I’m starting by buying what Colemine has available as I go. When I’ve exhausted what they still have available, I’ll figure it out.

@oldschoolkirby I get whatever I can on color from Colemine directly. I've been pre-ordering every LP since the rabbit hole opened a few months ago.

The others take patience (& willingness to pay somewhat more, obviously). I was able to track a few on Amazon (.ca had Kelly Finnigan and Durand Jones live on colored vinyl a while back). The others are from Discogs. Well other than the Durand Jones LP#2, that was from VMP back in the winter. On the other hand, The Delvon Lamarr Live & Soul Slabs 1 I just got on black because I wanted those right away :).

@Lee Newman makes a good point about giving them the money directly though.

Last edited:
Yeah, it seems USPS likes to route the shipping through Pittsburgh as well before coming back north to Detroit. ....NO HURRY USPS...TAKE YOUR TIME... (usually gets here soon :) ).
Ha! I quote myself because apparently I jinxed it. I had two shipments at which left at the same time - one arrived yesterday, while USPS is taking the other on quite the road trip: Loveland to Detroit is ~250 miles - this route is almost 2000 miles (assuming they go to Detroit next!). Double ha! Sheesh. I guess this spreads out the excitement of getting the albums (/brightside?)

Enjoying Neal and SFSE :)

I went the route of buying all the older stuff in plain black. No regrets. I buy all the color new releases. They all sound fantastic.

The Delvon Lamarr Live is pretty great too.
Wow, researching this album I see someone paid $93 the red RSD version and for Close But No Cigar $100 for the coke-bottle color variant this year and the median is around $70 for both. I'll be taking one in black, thank you.

Ok, this is a new one for me for music-related "merch": how many of you have ordered this from Colemine?

Ok, this is a new one for me for music-related "merch": how many of you have ordered this from Colemine?

This first came out around my sister's birthday so I picked up Undercover Mixtape, the Wesley Bright & The Honeytones 45 and the jar of honey for her. Unfortunately I didn't realize that at the time the honey was a preorder for well after her birthday so I cancelled that part of the order. Really wish I had still gotten it now though :confused:

I think about adding to my cart every time I preorder something, but still haven’t pulled the trigger

I think about adding to my cart every time I preorder something, but still haven’t pulled the trigger
It's a great idea, and it's in my cart now....however in my relatively short vinyl collecting career, I seem to have run a quite the gamut of problems with online orders, and I keep thinking somehow the package will come with a broken jar of honey all over the albums. Ah, screw it, I'll do it. I'll post pictures if somehow I'm prescient on this. :)

Wow, researching this album I see someone paid $93 the red RSD version and for Close But No Cigar $100 for the coke-bottle color variant this year and the median is around $70 for both. I'll be taking one in black, thank you.

I have that one on black too. Will probably have to pick-up Close But No Cigar on black as well.

Back