The Colemine Records rabbit hole

All this Ohio Soul love is fantastic btw...i first fell in love with Colemine with Durand Jones (found his blue vinyl at my local store when it first came out for $20) Ever since I’ve been hooked. Haven’t slept on a 12” since and have always gone preorder or through local.

I came across Colemine through Durand as well, but it was a little less than a year after it came out so I missed out on the blue. It's been in my Discogs wantlist ever since and depresses me weekly when I see the prices it goes for. At this point I've come to grips with the fact I'll never own it haha

I came across Colemine through Durand as well, but it was a little less than a year after it came out so I missed out on the blue. It's been in my Discogs wantlist ever since and depresses me weekly when I see the prices it goes for. At this point I've come to grips with the fact I'll never own it haha
It was $80 at my local a month ago

Pirani and Jr. Thomas are two I still don't have... what did you think of them?
I've listened to the entire catalog at this point and it's all good. Pirani is lower tier for the label though. Jr Thomas is great, it's Rock Steady though so completely different than everything else the label has put out, but it still works into the whole ethos, somehow. If your love for Reggae goes deeper than just Bob Marley, it's well worth checking out.

I've listened to the entire catalog at this point and it's all good. Pirani is lower tier for the label though. Jr Thomas is great, it's Rock Steady though so completely different than everything else the label has put out, but it still works into the whole ethos, somehow. If your love for Reggae goes deeper than just Bob Marley, it's well worth checking out.

I've listened too, but just curious what you all thought. Those two were lower priority for me. But I think Jr Thomas is going to be next on my search list.

Top of my list right now is the Delvon Lamarr LP. Still holing onto hope that I can somehow score a colored vinyl, but they're quite up there in price. Will probably just go for a black vinyl. Those are not cheap either though, to be honest.

SOOOOOO....

While waiting for my Neal Francis to show up today, I decided to stumble in to this thread thinking nothing would go wrong. I mean, awesome people talking about Colemine and amazing music? Couldn’t lead to anything else, right?

66DF598E-1040-4E38-851D-48F8B1A05521.jpeg

I bought Soul Scratch and Undercover Mixtape.

SOOOOOO....

While waiting for my Neal Francis to show up today, I decided to stumble in to this thread thinking nothing would go wrong. I mean, awesome people talking about Colemine and amazing music? Couldn’t lead to anything else, right?

View attachment 16449

I bought Soul Scratch and Undercover Mixtape.

No worries. I got home late last night and decided to have a looksie here before bed.

One thing led to another and I ended up ordering Orgone's "Beyond the Sun" on colored vinyl off Discogs. :geek:

Back