The Colemine Records rabbit hole

Reverend Baron’s debut gets a pressing:

New Say She She single:

Reverend Baron’s debut gets a pressing:
Looking at the images in the newsletter, I'm so glad the tip-on jackets are coming back. I'm glad it's not a gatefold too, I'm steadily running out of shelf space. :LOL:

Hey guys! I have a podcast on sampling in hip-hop music where each week I select a sample, allow the listener to try to guess it, and then tell a story related to it. This week’s sample is a @Plaid Room / Colemine track and I discuss the label a bit as well so I thought you might like it! Check it out if you’re interested!

I finally got around to listening to the new Aaron Frazer album and it's been on repeat for the past couple weeks. So good!

I love that Aaron explored the use of samples on this album and executed it perfectly! Soul music is sampled in a lot of hip-hop, but I don't know many examples of soul music sampling soul music.

Fly away is so amazing and I love the sample he used there. Again, perfectly executed.

And I'm not 100% sure, but the beginning of Dime sounds just like the sample of Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together that Drake used in Hotline Bling. Sounds like the sped up Drake version to me. Anyone else hear it?

Over at BJC:

Summer Sales:​

August is a great time of year to make room for new products, and we're running some specials to open up the warehouse just a bit. These are:

Belden 1800F balanced (XLR) cables: 10 to 25% off, depending upon cable color​

We've been selling Belden's excellent 1800F cable for both analog and digital balanced audio for years -- it's highly flexible, low in capacitance, and equally solid for AES/EBU or standard analog use. 10% off in black, 20% off in other colors, and 25% off if you let us pick the color for you: 1800F sale.

Gray two-conductor speaker cables: 10% off​

Our two-conductor speaker cables have always been available both in white and in gray, with the gray cable being a stock Belden product (5T00UP for 10 AWG, or 5000UE for 12) and the white being a custom version based on those same designs -- so while the appearance is different, the performance is the same as our standard white cable. This month, these cables are available (terminated or unterminated) for 10% off: Gray speaker cable sale.

Selected Belden SDI Cables: 15% off​

We're also offering 15% off of our regular pricing on SDI cables using Belden 1694A, 1855A or 1505F: SDI sale

Free or Discounted 2-day Domestic Shipping:​

We now offer free FedEx Second Day Air shipping (within the USA only) on essentially all orders of $100 or more. On orders less than $100 but over $25, 2-day shipping is just five dollars. No promo code required -- just go to checkout and select 2-day shipping. Note: normal turnaround times still apply, but we ship most orders within one business day, and practically all within two business days, of order placement. The only exception to the shipping policy above is orders containing over 50 pounds of speaker cable, which will still qualify for free shipping, but by FedEx Ground instead.

View attachment 211094

View attachment 211095

That Kelly Finnegan is getting Dinked treatment too.

View attachment 211097

Back