The Colemine Records rabbit hole

Yeah, it was pretty disappointing to pull that one out of the sleeve. It’s an amazing album, so I’m hoping Colemine can come up with a solution if it turns out that this is a broad issue.
It’s not on them but the label itself...if it was from them there would be a protective inner sleeve

Yeah, it was pretty disappointing to pull that one out of the sleeve. It’s an amazing album, so I’m hoping Colemine can come up with a solution if it turns out that this is a broad issue.
We already know it’s fairly broad, has anyone here gotten a clean copy of the Colemine Split? And honestly, I know it’s not their fault. I think this is on ATO. Colemine Records are normally not a problem. I mean the only ones I own that aren’t perfect are the ATO Collabs. This one is particularly bad.

@HiFi Guy , any idea what is causing these scratches?:
Well, I received my replacement Black Pumas album, and the new one is even more scratched up. I emailed Colemine for next steps. View attachment 9095

Cause those are (worse but) the same as what mine had...

We already know it’s fairly broad, has anyone here gotten a clean copy of the Colemine Split? And honestly, I know it’s not their fault. I think this is on ATO. Colemine Records are normally not a problem. I mean the only ones I own that aren’t perfect are the ATO Collabs. This one is particularly bad.

I received my split this past week and it’s perfect.

Mine is completely fine.

Thankfully my Pumas arrived unscathed. I have never been so nervous for an album coming in because I was on vacation and I was reading about all the issues.

I did however have an unfortunate incident when picking up my held mail and the associate pleasantly SLAMMED my three record boxes edge first onto the counter while I watched in horror.

I think this is on ATO. Colemine Records are normally not a problem. I mean the only ones I own that aren’t perfect are the ATO Collabs.
YMMV but for me, ATO is a giant red flag vinyl-wise, due to multiple poor pressings I've purchased of different (non-Colemine) titles. I don't buy vinyl versions of anything ATO puts anymore. I dig a lot of what they put out, I just get it on CD.

YMMV but for me, ATO is a giant red flag vinyl-wise, due to multiple poor pressings I've purchased of different (non-Colemine) titles. I don't buy vinyl versions of anything ATO puts anymore. I dig a lot of what they put out, I just get it on CD.
In my experience, they’re better than Fat Possum, lol. I don’t know my King Gizzards and Chicano Batmans are all fine.

Last edited:
So Pitchfork finally got around to reviewing Black Pumas:

Overall not bad, even if I don’t like the last paragraph (coincidently, my wife says they are “chill” music, which I don’t get at all, I want to shake my booty to the majority of the album, but I digress....). It lead me to seeking out Quesada’s other band... well this is
different... after the initial shock, I dig it but was wholly unprepared:

I wonder if I Colemine would be willing to open my replacement up before they send it. Worth an ask I guess

I was wondering the same thing. I emailed them last Friday regarding my second scratched Black Pumas, but haven't heard back yet. Once they respond, I may see if that's an option.

Back