The Blue Note Thread

Watched this last night before work which caused me to listen to Moon Rappin’ on the way to work. Which caused me to order both records when I got to work.

I have the following take always:
1. That guy is gonna cost me a lot of money
2. Who the fuck is Joe Dukes and why have I never heard of him before. Not only are the drums punchy and in your face, but the way he plays the bassline on the cymbals at the end of Flat Backin’! This is a rabbit hole I will be checking out.
3. I probably should have already done this, but it’s time to explore all the samples Tribe used.

Watched this last night before work which caused me to listen to Moon Rappin’ on the way to work. Which caused me to order both records when I got to work.

2. Who the fuck is Joe Dukes and why have I never heard of him before. Not only are the drums punchy and in your face, but the way he plays the bassline on the cymbals at the end of Flat Backin’! This is a rabbit hole I will be checking out.
3. I probably should have already done this, but it’s time to explore all the samples Tribe used.

My Freap will be here Friday. Exciting times!

Never pick a middle aged German to be your hype guy. Zzzzzzz

The Slipcase and Lithograph version looks like BN Store Exclusive.

CharlesLloyd_TrioOfTrios_vinylboxset_D2C-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Y’all are missing out. Those vocals are a key part of the album. If it want for them and the 6/8 African percussion parts this would sound like any other jazzy album. The quiet strength of the female sing on Mama is a highlight for me. She makes the track.
OK, I'm LOVING this release. And I'm definitely in the pro-vocals camp. Amazing 😍

Of the two albums, I find the Two Headed Reap to be more interesting. Haven’t really thought about why though.
same here, I passed on Moon. Moon has always been a pretty expensive original option and early reviews on both are very good.

Back