The Blue Note Thread

Just saw that BN released a “small quantity of overrun” copies of Live at the Lighthouse. I’m not really sure what that means, but it’s available again.

a few overrun copies are available at the BN site for the Lee Morgan Lighthouse set if anybody wanted it and hasn't found it.

For anyone interested in Blue Note Tone Poet and Classic Series vinyl releases Doug at Paladin vinyl has created the Paladin Vinyl Needles and Grooves Buyers Club in the members section here in which he is offering N&G members certain releases at his cost. You can read more about the Club and Blue Note Releases poll below:

N&G Blue Note Poll

N&G Buyers Club General Info/FAQ

Just saw that BN released a “small quantity of overrun” copies of Live at the Lighthouse. I’m not really sure what that means, but it’s available again.

Man I'm tempted. I've been streaming it pretty nonstop lately and the sessions are absolutely fantastic. I don't think I need this on vinyl but man, if anyone's on the fence, the music really is great.

Last edited:

They also posted a full track. Sounds killer.

I wouldn't have ordered this, if I knew that was coming out.

Just been listening to a Joe Harley interview and he mentions that they (him and Kevin Gray) have just finished working on Harold Vick's 'Steppin Out'. Hopefully he meant for the Tone Poet series which would be great.

View attachment 112419

He also mentions that they have just cut Kenny Burrell's S/T and was discussing it with Kevin, so that sounds like another Tone Poet.

R-3377796-1328024006.jpeg.jpg

Back