The Blue Note Thread

JohnnyCashFan

Here is a preview of the upcoming Duke Pearson Xmas Tone Poet. First sampling nothing really I can't live without tbh.

JohnnyCashFan

Little scared to play this one after reading some comments here @Ghost and on Hoffman :giggle:, but will get to it the weekend. BTW I preordered mine quite bit ago online and it just came today, so I wonder if it was either really over sold or perhaps recalled for the defects some earlier people have mentioned ?

20210901_113643.jpg

Ghost

Little scared to play this one after reading some comments here @Ghost and on Hoffman :giggle:, but will get to it the weekend. BTW I preordered mine quite bit ago online and it just came today, so I wonder if it was either really over sold or perhaps recalled for the defects some earlier people have mentioned ?

View attachment 110717
Fwiw my Midnight Blue was thankfully flawless, Idle Moments on the other habd

mitchwagz

Just got Sonny Clark My Conception TP and noticed that it was given a 2000 series number that (I think) does not exist right? How was that decided? I know it was a shelved release and only received an official release in the late 70’s but just wondering if anyone had insight into how they chose that number?

RHANDMJ

Just got Sonny Clark My Conception TP and noticed that it was given a 2000 series number that (I think) does not exist right? How was that decided? I know it was a shelved release and only received an official release in the late 70’s but just wondering if anyone had insight into how they chose that number?
It came from the CD, which was the first US release.