The Blue Note Thread

Won Dippin' and Peckin' Time today! Have gotten into the habit of the things I really wanted, if I lose the auction I head over to discogs and buy either the same version for cheaper or a better version for way more. This phase 3 is gonna have some big ones.
Nice! I was watching that Dippin’.
The Analogue Productions press right?

No Worries, hopefully I haven't mislead you . . . Sure it'll be great ;)
Looked a little further into this and saw a few people listing them on eBay saying they are out of circulation and we’re selling for $70 with shipping at the cheapest. eBay ones were going for $99.

Needless to say, that coupled with the Bernie Grundman comment—I bought one! Damn straight! With media mail it came to $44.09. Cheapest I’ve seen a nice copy of that album go for.

Sorry for rambling, basically, thank you for the push and info @kafunis ! ✌🙏

Test Pressing would mean it would come without artwork?

I'd love to pick up one of these just to have one, but I think I'd miss the great Blue Note album art.

Not sure unfortunately. I’m just jealous of our US friends, I’d have all of those regular versions at $50 each if I could without the associated import costs.

Hey anyone else listen to the Robert Glasner BN80 release? I was pretty iffy about it originally, I'm kind of thinking that since I have a pretty nice digital setup I might as well buy stuff on CD that was mixed/mastered/recorded digitally...... or get the hi-red files if possible..... but I'm sure they're pressing better than 44/16..... but anyway, I got the other BN80 releases, so I splurged.

Glad I did! It sounds really nice and I really like these songs. On my first listen I was kind of half bored but my second time through was much better. Highly recommend it if anyone's on the fence!

Hey anyone else listen to the Robert Glasner BN80 release? I was pretty iffy about it originally, I'm kind of thinking that since I have a pretty nice digital setup I might as well buy stuff on CD that was mixed/mastered/recorded digitally...... or get the hi-red files if possible..... but I'm sure they're pressing better than 44/16..... but anyway, I got the other BN80 releases, so I splurged.

Glad I did! It sounds really nice and I really like these songs. On my first listen I was kind of half bored but my second time through was much better. Highly recommend it if anyone's on the fence!
Canvas is a good album and I plan at grabbing it at some point this year. Defintiely lovely music.

And I know a few folks here have picked it up and reported it being worth the pickup.

Haven’t snagged it but I’m a big Glasper fan so I will at some point. He’s fantastic live if you ever have a chance to see him. Extremely charismatic.

Black Fire is really good, I've got a Japanese press, but it's got a bit of a warp , so I'll probably pick that up down the track if I can see a good price, Highly recommended if you like a little more meat to your Blue Notes .
Looks like the next two Tone Poets are popping up on Bullmoose and Amazon:

Last edited:
Haven’t snagged it but I’m a big Glasper fan so I will at some point. He’s fantastic live if you ever have a chance to see him. Extremely charismatic.
I saw him peform last month at Form Festival, I was front row! They cut his set short though mid song, he was pissed, crowd was pissed, wasn't very nice. He had the whole venue in awe of his set!

I decided the other day that I need to spin my Music Matters Blue Note records more often. Kicked it of with Dexter Gordon - Our Man in Paris this morning. Had almost forgotten how good it was 🤯 I feel like it never gets the love it deserves. Should be in the conversation for top 5 Blue Note records of all time imo.

The most mind blowing track is A Night in Tunisia, perhaps the best version of this standard ever recorded.

I decided the other day that I need to spin my Music Matters Blue Note records more often. Kicked it of with Dexter Gordon - Our Man in Paris this morning. Had almost forgotten how good it was 🤯 I feel like it never gets the love it deserves. Should be in the conversation for top 5 Blue Note records of all time imo.

The most mind blowing track is A Night in Tunisia, perhaps the best version of this standard ever recorded.

I have been looking for this album for quite some time and managed to snag a MM of it on eBay the other day for $35 shipped. Can’t wait for it to arrive. It’s an extremely good and often underrated album.

ReverbLP having a 25% off sale from some sellers this weekend. Here are a few MM ya'll may be interested in. Three of these are from the same seller. All are 25% off the listed price. Put them in a cart to see the updated price without having to do math. ;)

jackie mclean - swing swang swingin - https://lp.reverb.com/listings/21229172/listings
wayne shorter - night dreamer - https://lp.reverb.com/listings/24112640/listings
art blakey - the big beat - https://lp.reverb.com/listings/14848172/listings
art blakey - the big beat https://lp.reverb.com/listings/21229176/listings

Back