The Blue Note Thread

x hours???? My distill is set to every 5 seconds!

lol, mine's set at every 12 mins. I could do every 10 and I have no real reason why I'm not...

This is the only drop of theirs that I really want. I kind of hope they do throw it out randomly, since I suspect most people waiting for this won't have something like Distill set up. I don't really know how they can do it in a "fair" way, since they claim they can't figure out how to make sure website not crash (pretty sure the answer is pay for more website bandwidth, this isn't exactly an insurmountable problem, or email your hosting service and ask them, but whatever).

Blue Note Re:Imagined vinyl now available on US Blue Note site!

@MikeH

@MikeH
Sweet, nabbed it, thanks!

Here's a sample if anyone is considering it:

@MikeH
Thanks for the shout! Grabbed the blue version and got the signed Ambrose preorder too while I was at it...glad the 20% off was applied to both. I’ll cancel my sound of vinyl order then. Appreciate the heads up again!

Just snagged a 1972 Cobble Stone Press of Grant Green Iron City! off of a Instagram sale. This album is swinging.
Nice one! Don't own that album but am familiar with it. I bought quite a few albums on instagram during quarantine. A lot of record stores have put up some really good stuff since they haven't been able to be open. My local was putting up some heat but I couldn't afford any of it haha.

Nice one! Don't own that album but am familiar with it. I bought quite a few albums on instagram during quarantine. A lot of record stores have put up some really good stuff since they haven't been able to be open. My local was putting up some heat but I couldn't afford any of it haha.

Yea...this guy is planning on opening up a store but Covid happened. He listens to all the records and does an ultrasonic cleaning before selling them. He'll search for stuff for you too.

I know it’s been mentioned before, but next time you order from acoustic sounds, make sure to add this book for $7.99 - just flipped through it for the first time, it’s really great and a steal for that price.

Oh nice, I may pick it up.

Which one is better from these Pet sounds, Mono or Stereo?

Oh nice, I may pick it up.

Which one is better from these Pet sounds, Mono or Stereo?

I have the mono because that's how Brian Wilson (who monitored and mixed in mono because of hearing impairment in one ear) did it. I'm not usually dogmatic about that kind of stuff (e.g. I like the weird stereo separation of AP's Little Girl Blue) but I think on Pet Sounds, in particular, so much headphone bleed made it to tape and so many sub-mixes were bounced down to more generations of tape that it's a [lovable] jangly mess. Pulling the mono into two channels that would potentially allow for more instrumental separation doesn't work Pet Sounds. At least to my ears. The stereo doesn't sound bad by any means, but I don't think there is anything gained, necessarily.

Totally forgot that, I was so focused on the vinyl coming out in August. Have to give it a stream
Me too! I only remembered because when I opened Qobuz last night, it was one of the first things up under new releases. Qobuz has a 24bit/96khz streaming option for it. I only listened to it once so far but it's really beautiful. Looking forward to sitting down with it more later.

I ended up ordering the signed copy of his album from BN when I ordered BN:Reimagined, but I also have a VMP version on preorder...need to decide whether I should keep the VMP one or not...I'm pretty surprised it hasn't sold out yet but I guess he's not a super popular artist and the album hadn't been out yet outside of a single.

For anyone low on Tone Poet titles, Target is starting a music sale tomorrow of "Buy 2, Get 1 Free." It looks like pre-orders and brand new releases will be excluded, but they have at least 11 Tone Poet titles on their site, already priced below $27. With the sale, buying three TP's would amount to about $18 each (and it looks like shipping might be free with orders over $35). Just a heads-up...

For anyone low on Tone Poet titles, Target is starting a music sale tomorrow of "Buy 2, Get 1 Free." It looks like pre-orders and brand new releases will be excluded, but they have at least 11 Tone Poet titles on their site, already priced below $27. With the sale, buying three TP's would amount to about $18 each (and it looks like shipping might be free with orders over $35). Just a heads-up...
Awesome! I have done the target buy 2 get 1 sale before and haven't had issues. It's where I got a large chunk of TPs last time around. Some people had issues with shipping not being super safe for vinyl though. The Amazon sale awhile back of buy 2 get 1 was even better because they had a bunch of nice box sets and One Step vinyls on there...

Awesome! I have done the target buy 2 get 1 sale before and haven't had issues. It's where I got a large chunk of TPs last time around. Some people had issues with shipping not being super safe for vinyl though. The Amazon sale awhile back of buy 2 get 1 was even better because they had a bunch of nice box sets and One Step vinyls on there...

I ordered a Tone Poet and two BN80 titles during a sale back in February and didn't have any shipping issues, but I suppose it's a bit of a crapshoot.

Back