The Blue Note Thread

I've been listening to Lloyd a lot since this post. They put a single up from the set. Sounds good.
Yeah the single is really solid. I’m not getting the box but may pick up the vinyl later on. I don’t have any of his records in my collection but he has some great ones on Atlantic and ECM that I’ve checked out.

Yeah the single is really solid. I’m not getting the box but may pick up the vinyl later on. I don’t have any of his records in my collection but he has some great ones on Atlantic and ECM that I’ve checked out.

I've been listening to Lift every Voice today and its amazing. Is Meldau the pianist on it? Abercrombie is the guitarist.

The live album Passin Thru is amazing. I've been meaning to pick it up for a while, but haven't actually pulled the trigger yet

Yea looking at them. Wondering which are the best ones, any thoughts?
I grabbed 5 haha. Already had a few in different pressings so skipped out on buying even more. I grabbed:

Jackie McLean - new soil
Lou Donaldson- Sunny Side Up
Art Taylor - AT’s Delight
Freddie Hubbard - Hub Cap
Fred Jackson - Hootin and Tootin

I absolutely love the Walter Davis record but already have a King pressing of it that I’m happy with.

Yea looking at them. Wondering which are the best ones, any thoughts?
Those Hank Mobleys are a no brainer. I have the John Gilmore one and believe any hard bop fan needs that press in their collection. One of his few albums outside of Sun Ra’s band and it’s a killer. Sounds amazing too.

Back