The Blue Note Thread

So I was thinking about buying the TP Et Cetera off the bulenote sight. Is this the best place to get it?
Damn the price has really jumped up on it! I bought it from Amazon for $25 and prime shipping. I’d maybe set up an alert from camelcamelcamel but if you want it now, it seems to be $35 at a lot of places...

Posted this over at the Vinyl_Jazz subreddit, but thought ya'll would find it interesting too. What would be your first spin from this SRX bundle? Then I'll tell you what I picked.View attachment 10167
WOW.

Hmmmm I would have gone for the Hank Mobley or Blakey (Night in Tunisia). I have been after a decent copy of the Wayne Shorter - Adams Apple for a while as well. Fantastic stack there!

Anyone familiar with the (UK???) series "The Jazz File" ? Are these pressings any good or better to avoid?

Never seen these! Here’s just about all I can find about them from LJC:

In my limited experience the British pressings are a poor relation of the American. The US pressings will have been mastered from original Van Gelder tapes (Van Gelder recorded, mastered by UA engineers), whilst the Jazz File UK equivalents will be locally re-mastered from second generation copy tapes, which is not the best start in life.

Back