The Blue Note Thread

You haven't heard? Looks like "34" will be released on May 5!!! 😉
Yes, it's up for pre-order, and only by pre-order, at $500 each.

On May 4th, though, she will announce, with tears, that 'it ain't ready' and is postponed indefinitely. No refunds though, as postponed isn't cancelled!

Here is a next "unoffical" list of Blue Note Tone Poets that has been collated from teased info from Joe in one way or another:
  1. Andrew Hill - Dance With Death
  2. Chet Baker - Sings and Plays
  3. Stanley Turrentine - Mr. Natural
  4. Sonny Clark Trio
  5. Jackie McLean - Demon's Dance
  6. Herbie Nichols Trio
  7. McCoy Tyner - Extensions
  8. Lou Donaldson - Midnight Creeper
  9. Donald Byrd - Slow Drag
  10. Carmell Jones - The Remarkable
  11. Wayne Shorter - Odyssey of Iska
  12. Jack Wilson - Easterly Winds
  13. Elvin Jones - Poly-Currents
  14. Lee Morgan - Infinity
  15. McCoy Tyner - Time for Tyner
When are we gonna get some mfin Ike Quebec damnit?!

when @Turbo says so! 😊
View attachment 126286

But I hear you, in the meantime try and find a Classic reissue of Soul Samba (not the recent 45). It's scrumptious and a bucketlist album IMO.

make-it-so-picard.gif

when @Turbo says so! 😊
View attachment 126286

But I hear you, in the meantime try and find a Classic reissue of Soul Samba (not the recent 45). It's scrumptious and a bucketlist album IMO.
Yup. Coincidently I've been listening to this A LOT lately. Did someone else on the forum mention it? Not sure how I got down that rabbit hole.

Anyone caught this documentary ? Watching now here.
View attachment 126348

Really great doc from what I remember.

Back in late 2019 Blue Note had a pop up shop in London where they gave out freebies and sold some records and merch as part of their 80th-anniversary celebrations. They had the DVD of this but oddly it was also showing on the BBC the same night. I dug out a photo of the bits that they gave out for you to see.

IMG_9906.jpeg

I went along to that, no freebies for me. Are you sure you weren't supposed to pay for the t-shirt? 😂
Haha, it's a tote bag that had the print and stickers in it.

Definitely a freebie though, I didn't buy anything at that event although I did pop into Honest Johns which was across from it and bought a few bits if I remember correctly.

Haha, it's a tote bag that had the print and stickers in it.

Definitely a freebie though, I didn't buy anything at that event although I did pop into Honest Johns which was across from it and bought a few bits if I remember correctly.

I think I did exactly the same. From memory I think the TPs were a little over priced and I don't think there was any BN80's that I didn't have

Back