The Blue Note Thread

So I'm not sure when I'll give it a 2nd chance or maybe I just wasn't in the mood to listen to it but All Seeing Eye was a pretty jarring listen. Perhaps I'm just not a fan of the free jazz genre. It reminded me of the albums when Wayne was a part of Miles Davis' Quintet but I didn't have the same reaction to those. Like I said, maybe it was just how I was feeling that morning.
I didn't much care for it either.

Apparently there is a new BN Ornette Coleman 6 lp box set coming in Dec. Not cheap though.
Joe Harley has commented about this on a post about it.

He has essentially confirmed it and said that the website jumped the gun before Blue Note has had the chance to lock in the release date and made an official announcement. So at least we know its legit and part of the Tone Poet series!

Joe Harley has commented about this on a post about it.

He has essentially confirmed it and said that the website jumped the gun before Blue Note has had the chance to lock in the release date and made an official announcement. So at least we know its legit and part of the Tone Poet series!
A87E23BF-497A-4887-BE64-C61ED9086BCF.jpeg

Maybe a bit of damage control.

It must be gutting to be part of the team that worked on this only to have the 'reveal' spoilt by a distributor announcing it early.
that's my guess too...do you know what the retail price was on the listing since it was taken down?

I thought it was something like £299? - but I might be misremembering. I just recall doing the quick math and it coming out to about £50/album. (I didn't do the US$ exchange. ;))
On that site thats what it was listed at.

Also, some on another forum report this mystery amazon uk listing is for the Round Trip Box Set
Amazon product ASIN B09GF6NRTY

Last edited:
j8d6t79m_d26eca84-8996-4e8c-911d-f486cc0a6d49_1024x1024.jpg

On that site thats what it was listed at.

Also, some on another forum report this mystery amazon uk listing is for the Round Trip Box Set
Amazon product ASIN B09GF6NRTY
I thought the first leak had it at 299 Euros? But even at 200USD I would bow out. Looks like they have seen how much VMP charges for the anthologies and figure the market can handle it. I just hope this does not mean that Blue Note starts to increase the price of the Tone Poets to be more in line with other audiophile series.

I thought the first leak had it at 299 Euros? But even at 200USD I would bow out. Looks like they have seen how much VMP charges for the anthologies and figure the market can handle it. I just hope this does not mean that Blue Note starts to increase the price of the Tone Poets to be more in line with other audiophile series.
TP's list for $35 ea so If the box is 200 or so thats right in line and also includes a book of some kind I would presume ?

The good thing about the TPs and Blue Note pricing is that I don't think I have ever paid full retail for any of the TPs. I've gotten them as low as $17. With the numbers they press and also the really wide distribution, at least in the US, if they raised the price another $5, doesn't necessarily mean we would have to pay $5 extra. It would hurt small record shops though to try to keep up with the pricing of the big box stores/distributors...

i hope they keep the pricing too.

it's weird that this box set would be $299 considering the price of the Lee Morgan box which was also AAA and 2x as many LPs. I guess if it's TP quality, would be a different pressing plant + better sleeves but that's not worth the huge price discrepency. If the box was $150 or so I'd probably be in. Anymore than that and I'd be out. I already have New York is Now and an early pressing of Golden Circle vol 1.

Back