The Blue Note Thread

EDIT: Just listened myself tonight. I will not get to own this box but loved the podcast and masterclass on Lee and Maupin especially.

@Selaws @avecigrec @HuddieLedbetter @RHANDMJ @btf1980

Thanks so much for this, it was such a great listen.

I really like the dudes hosting as well, I completely agree with everything they said (especially about Blue Note messing up by not signing Bennie Maupin as lead). I'm going to see what other topics they have looked into.

Really excited to hear the set now, I cant wait for it to arrive!

Thanks so much for this, it was such a great listen.

I really like the dudes hosting as well, I completely agree with everything they said (especially about Blue Note messing up by not signing Bennie Maupin as lead). I'm going to see what other topics they have looked into.

Really excited to hear the set now, I cant wait for it to arrive!
Every episode is a Masterclass. I always finish thinking, "That was so informative! I know NOTHING about jazz!"

Brilliant stuff. And the review of this box set has me so pumped for the first listen.

I am worried to listen to this because I REALLY don't wanna buy the whole Lee Morgan box set hah.
As @stpaulbrowns said it's a masterclass of info, if you can resist the urge. It's just not in my budget but I have a friend who is letting me borrow his 3cd set from the 90's. They mention that the full box set allure is it has 3 distinct styles over all the sets.

Last edited:
Apologies for leaving out @Ghost and @The Denmarkian Wonder
@Andy @MikeH and @Lee Newman I know you read everything anyways :LOL:
patrick-stewart-ive-seen-everything.gif

As @stpaulbrowns said it's a masterclass of info, if you can resist the urge. It's just not in my budget but I have a friend who is letting me borrow his 3cd set from the 90's. They mention that the full box set allure is it has 3 distinct styles over all the sets.

I have it on order, but my budget was blown in January. I keep on promising myself I'll just get this one and the next few Tone Poets. (after this box, definitely going on a diet :) )

I'm having non-buyer's remorse about VMP's recent re-issue of MMW's "Uninvisible." Please let me know if you learn of a copy priced in reasonable range of $55 retail (the $150 copy on Discogs isn't in that range). I've signed up for email in case VMP has any other copies to list. Uninvisible

I'm having non-buyer's remorse about VMP's recent re-issue of MMW's "Uninvisible." Please let me know if you learn of a copy priced in reasonable range of $55 retail (the $150 copy on Discogs isn't in that range). I've signed up for email in case VMP has any other copies to list. Uninvisible
I wish they would just release standard versions of both of those albums. They would sell a whole lot more of them.

Anyone getting the BN Classic Idle Moments/Midnight Blue next week ? Can't wait!
Looks like both of these sold out preorder on Amz and are on to non prime secondary sellers now, so if you see them at your local or favorite online source I would grab both asap if you do not want to wait for a repress.

Last edited:
Looks like both of these sold out preorder on Amz and are on to non prime secondary sellers now, so if you see them at your local or favorite online source I would grab both asap if you do not want to waut for a reporess.
I sensed these might be hard to find right away...Mike owner of the In Groove in Phoenix Arizona even said he got very little in. Had them on Amz pre-order but shipping says several weeks so I bought through AS last night.

I sensed these might be hard to find right away...Mike owner of the In Groove in Phoenix Arizona even said he got very little in. Had them on Amz pre-order but shipping says several weeks so I bought through AS last night.

It's the opposite of the Lee Morgan box manufactured in the US, which we can't see anywhere, generally showing as delayed pre-orders or sold out. But the BN classics, made in Germany, are pretty widely available. I'm sure the stock will get to the US but it will take longer. Likewise I'm sure we'll get the Lee Morgan eventually.

I don't know if this is everywhere, but I got a notification from Amazon.IT about a delay to the Lee Morgan box

Lee Morgan "The Complete Live at the Lighthouse (12 lp box) (12 LP)"
Expected delivery date: 23 September 2021
I had the same thing. With the news popping up that it's limited to 2000 copies I'm pretty nervous about Amazon not being able to fulfil and not being able to source a copy elsewhere as a result. The Amazon Italy order now shows 24-25 September which is quite a while for all of the other places that have them to sell out.

Another store I know ordered 50 of each but only got 37. Lets hope they can get more out to dealers. Amz generally doesnt do well getting these in again or if they do get some jack the price up.

I had the same thing. With the news popping up that it's limited to 2000 copies I'm pretty nervous about Amazon not being able to fulfil and not being able to source a copy elsewhere as a result. The Amazon Italy order now shows 24-25 September which is quite a while for all of the other places that have them to sell out.

I was bit nervous earlier but though it would be ok. I don't think contacting them would help.
You've made me nervous again, think I'll order from Amazon UK. It has the pre-order 27/8. Leave the order open for a while, if that gets delayed cancel & stick with the Italian.

Have you seen it anywhere else for a reasonable price?

(disclaimer, this might not be a good idea, the wine is talking)

I was bit nervous earlier but though it would be ok. I don't think contacting them would help.
You've made me nervous again, think I'll order from Amazon UK. It has the pre-order 27/8. Leave the order open for a while, if that gets delayed cancel & stick with the Italian.

Have you seen it anywhere else for a reasonable price?

(disclaimer, this might not be a good idea, the wine is talking)
I havent seen it elsewhere for anything less than £300. It's actually sold out on the UK Blue Note store by the looks of it. I actually did the same after writing my message. So 2 orders and I will cancel the Italy if the UK ships on time. Safer through the UK as well, less likely to get damaged. Bit more money I suppose.

Back