The Blue Note Thread

Too rich for me.

They had it at the Target Buy 2 Get 2 sale. I think another of those sales is coming up. Think it brought the price down to $199 or so.

Sweeet I've been so excited for this. Lot of money to be putting down but hopefully it will drop slightly, its not limited by the looks of it?

Also, im sick of this US/UK conversion rubbish that seems to be the standard. $350 is currently equivalent to £248.03, yet on the UK Blue Note shop its priced at £299

If you see a decent price for UK, or import let me know. I definitely want this set.

If you see a decent price for UK, or import let me know. I definitely want this set.
I will keep an eye out, let me know if you see one too. Fingers crossed there will be a few options rather than just the BN store

They had it at the Target Buy 2 Get 2 sale. I think another of those sales is coming up. Think it brought the price down to $199 or so.
Yeah I still got mine on hold for $215 or something like that.... I mean, totally worth it. $350 would be too steep but $200ish is a no brainer.

Oh god dont tell me that...
Why worry? A 12 LP set must, by nature, be limited. They can't keep it in print indefintely for a very small and diminishing market. Even in the golden era of vinyl, that would not have been economically possible.

The set will be available as a 24/192 download, BTW. First track is out already, sounds great.

And it won't sell out instantly, already here, we see that 12 LPs of live Lee and the price tag are not for everybody.

Why worry? A 12 LP set must, by nature, be limited. They can't keep it in print indefintely for a very small and diminishing market. Even in the golden era of vinyl, that would not have been economically possible.

The set will be available as a 24/192 download, BTW. First track is out already, sounds great.

And it won't sell out instantly, already here, we see that 12 LPs of live Lee and the price tag are not for everybody.
Yeah, fingers crossed although it would be nice to know what kind of numbers we are looking at here.

Honestly, if it was £200 here I would have already put the pre-order in. Lee has been my favourite jazz musician for ages and his Lighthouse sessions really are great, so looking forward to the potential to hear the full thing.

Im sure you have all seen this, but the 'unboxing' shows the set in a bit more detail. 6 gatefold jackets housing the 12 LP's, with a 28 page booklet of unseen photos, interviews, and new essays.

The more I see this, the more I want it!

I give it until Monday before that confirmation email lands in your inbox!

Back