The Blue Note Thread

Yeah, as long as you can find what you're looking for, I'm sure that's the case--probably starts at a lower price to begin with, and the discount is greater.
I think the only one they don't have on Target's site is Indestructible.

The Hoffman boards said it was teased but this is a nice confirmation. The 2021 Tone Poet slate is shaping up to be a great one.

Confirmed:
Dexter Gordon's One Flight Up
Andrew Hill's Passing Ships
Curtis Amy & Dupree Bolton’s Katanga
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers' The Witch Doctor
Wayne Shorter's All Seeing Eye

Rumored:
Sonny Clark's My Conception
Joe Pass' For Django

Last edited:
The Hoffman boards said it was teased but this is a nice confirmation. The 2021 Tone Poet slate is shaping up to be a great one.

Confirmed:
Dexter Gordon's One Flight Up
Andrew Hill's Passing Ships
Curtis Amy & Dupree Bolton’s Katanga
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers' The Witch Doctor
Wayne Shorter's All Seeing Eye

Rumored:
Sonny Clark's My Conception
Joe Pass' For Django
I could have sworn Harley posted a video of them mastering For Django but I could very well be mistaken. That’s one of those albums I blind bought at a record fair once thinking “well I like Pass and I like Django so...” and it’s phenomenal!

Had to take out the two art blakey records after reading some not so stellar reviews about the recording being filled with a lot of distortion. So I actually swapped up my order and got:

- Sarah Vaughn
- Max Roach and Clifford Brown
- Stanley Turrentine - Thats Where Its At
- Lee Konitz - Alone Together
- Art Taylor - ATs Delight
- Larry Young - Into Somethin'

Got an exciting haul coming through that hits a lot of different styles. Super stoked for them to all arrive.

Had to take out the two art blakey records after reading some not so stellar reviews about the recording being filled with a lot of distortion. So I actually swapped up my order and got:

- Sarah Vaughn
- Max Roach and Clifford Brown
- Stanley Turrentine - Thats Where Its At
- Lee Konitz - Alone Together
- Art Taylor - ATs Delight
- Larry Young - Into Somethin'

Got an exciting haul coming through that hits a lot of different styles. Super stoked for them to all arrive.

1602448331300.png

Those Blakey albums are gold.

Where have you seen Speak No Evil? I'd be pretty surprised at that one since they just did the SRX of it and MM did it as well...
Believe there was a preorder listing on amazon in one of their foreign stores. Amazon France or something like that, I also may be making all of this up. I can't tell.

Believe there was a preorder listing on amazon in one of their foreign stores. Amazon France or something like that, I also may be making all of this up. I can't tell.
That’s what I’ve seen so far. Unsure about the details, but if you go back a few pages I think there is a post about it.

edit: here is the link

That’s what I’ve seen so far. Unsure about the details, but if you go back a few pages I think there is a post about it.

edit: here is the link
Yea--just saw it...I'd still be very surprised if it's a legit BN repress. I believe they said BN80 is no longer happening and that's around the BN80 price point. It's not a TP because they are way more expensive in the UK. My guess is that it's some grey market or other label doing the reissue. I'd happily be wrong about it though because there needs to be a more accessible/cheaper but good sounding pressing of it.

I'd like to get some more of their BN 45 AP records.
That sale on their BN45s was really awesome a few months back. I snagged quite a lot of them. They do sound good, but IMO, the MM pressings sound better. I don't have any direct comparisons though with the same titles.

Yea--just saw it...I'd still be very surprised if it's a legit BN repress. I believe they said BN80 is no longer happening and that's around the BN80 price point. It's not a TP because they are way more expensive in the UK. My guess is that it's some grey market or other label doing the reissue. I'd happily be wrong about it though because there needs to be a more accessible/cheaper but good sounding pressing of it.

Amazon says it's Universal Music so I don't know. It's not even an accideal as it's priced around the same on most Amazon across Europe.

Last edited:
I wanted to grab Chant, but I didn't see it unfortunately.

It's still available on udiscover, but weirdly it's listed as being by Stanley Turrentine. udiscover has free shipping and @hype posted the following code for $10 off: "AHH!10OFF" - so you could get it for $24.98 shipped (unless you're holding out for a better price).

Back