The Blue Note Thread

How long do we think this Acoustic Sounds Analogue Productions 45rpm sale will last?

...I made the mistake of checking out a large portion of them. Haha

I would guess it’s going until stock runs out. I’m pretty surprised that every title is still available. I finally cracked last night and placed a second order. Six 45 sets are on the way and outer sleeves for the One-Step boxes.

Not sure which thread to cross post this in, but we may have a bit of a vinyl shortage coming up

How long do we think this Acoustic Sounds Analogue Productions 45rpm sale will last?

...I made the mistake of checking out a large portion of them. Haha
At least you can’t buy more than 19. I bought 4 for $100 but then went to spend another $70 on other records just to get free shippimg 😩

I'm interested in both Money Jungle and The Prisoner, from the latest TP release, but the current pre-order price in Amazon Mexico is higher than anything I have paid for a Tone Poet before. Seeing the history of other releases, it seems like prices drop a little after the product is released, and you also have the benefit of comparing the price offered by Amazon US and Amazon Mexico, choosing whichever is cheaper with shipping included.

That being said, do you guys think I'll be safe waiting until they're released? Or do you think this titles (specially Money Jungle) run the risk of selling out really quick?

I'm interested in both Money Jungle and The Prisoner, from the latest TP release, but the current pre-order price in Amazon Mexico is higher than anything I have paid for a Tone Poet before. Seeing the history of other releases, it seems like prices drop a little after the product is released, and you also have the benefit of comparing the price offered by Amazon US and Amazon Mexico, choosing whichever is cheaper with shipping included.

That being said, do you guys think I'll be safe waiting until they're released? Or do you think this titles (specially Money Jungle) run the risk of selling out really quick?
My understanding is that the Tone Poets and BN80's are not limited in any way, thus shouldn't be feared for selling out. IIRC, Etcetera & Contours were the only ones that had demand based issues and it's been smooth sailing since.

It really depends on which Amazon you use. I find with Amazon.ca, they are one of the last sites to list the BN80 or TP releases and they initially list them quite high. The last few TPs have been initially listed at about $40 (Prisoner and Money Jungle are up there) but they drop in price a few weeks before street date. But I have seen them shoot back up a week or so before street date and stay high afterwards.

I don't think you have to worry about The Prisoner and Money Jungle selling out, but I think they will be highly sought after compared to Chant.

CamelCamelCamel is your friend with these I find.

curious to check out more of his work. what do you recommend ?
I like his early stuff on Blue Note. He was a fantastic bebop/hard bop player before he went really MOR funky soul jazz in the late 60’s. Blues Walk is usually considered his masterpiece. His album with the Three Sounds is good too!

I am looking to get a few of those AP 45s from Acoustic Sounds but it says "shipping costs will be determined after your order is processed". Any Canadians order from them before and how horrendous were the shipping costs?

I am looking to get a few of those AP 45s from Acoustic Sounds but it says "shipping costs will be determined after your order is processed". Any Canadians order from them before and how horrendous were the shipping costs?

Expensive. It was $48 shipping for 6 records when I made an order from them last year (and it's been similar other times I've bought from Acoustic Sounds). They were very well packed (double boxed), but the shipping cost has made me gun shy with them.

Back