The Beatles

Jackson's Split Screens for the opening of the rooftop are pretty cool!, flashbacks to Woodstock. The audio is really good. Hoping we see a Rooftop album the new year!

Slight spoilers

The Beatles - Get Back power rankings

1- Billy Preston
2- Ringo
3- Mal Evans
3- Linda Eastman’s daughter Heather
4- Ed Sheeran looking guy
5- George
6- Paul’s long hair and beard
7- Paul
8- John

50- All the smoking
76- The Bobbies who shut down the show
99- Yoko

Slight spoilers

The Beatles - Get Back power rankings

1- Billy Preston
2- Ringo
3- Mal Evans
3- Linda Eastman’s daughter Heather
4- Ed Sheeran looking guy
5- George
6- Paul’s long hair and beard
7- Paul
8- John

50- All the smoking
76- The Bobbies who shut down the show
99- Yoko
Billy Preston really brought some great energy to the sessions and perhaps saved them.
Mal gets major points deducted for turning John's amp off on the roof and not going to jail for the band :)

I don’t know if I’m alone but despite being a big fan of their music I’m really struggling with Get Back. It has some really interesting moments but man it feels every bit as long as it is. It’s every bit the documentary I was fearing from the man who made a small children's book into over 9 hours of film…

I don’t know if I’m alone but despite being a big fan of their music I’m really struggling with Get Back. It has some really interesting moments but man it feels every bit as long as it is. It’s every bit the documentary I was fearing from the man who made a small children's book into over 9 hours of film…
I watched it in very small doses and it was fine. I would call it more interesting than a must see. The rooftop concert scene playing out in full was really fun to watch.

My biggest takeaway/question is if they were under such a deadline why did they spend so much studio time and waste so much tape playing covers and older songs? Was it just go get used to playing together again or were they actually intending to use them? Maybe it was just to fill some down time?

You’re not alone. It’s a meandering mess that struggles to tell any story much less the one that was reported to be told.

I watched it in very small doses and it was fine. I would call it more interesting than a must see. The rooftop concert scene playing out in full was really fun to watch.

My biggest takeaway/question is if they were under such a deadline why did they spend so much studio time and waste so much tape playing covers and older songs? Was it just go get used to playing together again or were they actually intending to use them? Maybe it was just to fill some down time?
That part makes sense to me. It was probably two fold, play stuff they know relatively well to get used to playing together again, the other was the live show didn’t necessarily need to be the album.

I don’t understand why the permits they discuss getting for the rooftop weren’t got.

Also @Joe Mac part one is absolutely atrocious. Part two is slightly better and part three slightly better than part two.

Yeah it took an hour of:

Let’s have a chat/play some half formed crap and few comedy covers warming up
George’s Billy Preston/Clapton fanclub
Order some beers/wine
Get the piano movers in a couple of shots
Some more warming up

Then finally Paul goes off on one about annoying George and then all being babies so he had to become the boss. I mean just cut to the bloody chase lol!

I wish Peter would of put in the part at the end about John And George stealing the master tapes from EMI and giving them to Spector to remix :LOL:

Also, maybe because I'm noobish to really digging into The Beatles but I had no idea that certain tracks on Let It Be were actually recorded from the rooftop concert so it was worth 9 hours just to know that.
I've watched Part 3 a couple times (1 is VERY painful, 2 is bearable), the rooftop quite a sequence quite a few. They should of just lock the doors for a hour but it was obvious (spoiler detail left out) they wanted to film a confrontation of some kind with Police ?

Your not alone, I think Jackson came to the conclusion of "We have all this footage that's never seen the light of day in it's entirety so we're gonna use it". It was interesting, but you could have conveyed the struggle, turmoil and their crazy fantastic way (My opinion) of writing, playing and coming up with a finished song in a single 3 hour program.

The fly on the wall selling point gets tiresome, even as a die-hard you can only listen to so many takes of the same song. The in between banter and personal feelings that were flushed out were definitely worth it and the roof top was the payoff.........but again, all that could have been condensed quite a bit.

.....................oh, and seeing a young Alan Parson was also well worth it :)

Your not alone, I think Jackson came to the conclusion of "We have all this footage that's never seen the light of day in it's entirety so we're gonna use it". It was interesting, but you could have conveyed the struggle, turmoil and their crazy fantastic way (My opinion) of writing, playing and coming up with a finished song in a single 3 hour program.

The fly on the wall selling point gets tiresome, even as a die-hard you can only listen to so many takes of the same song. The in between banter and personal feeling that were flushed out were definitely worth it and the roof top was the payoff.........but again, all that could have been condensed quite a bit.

.....................oh, and seeing a young Alan Parson was also well worth it :)

I’ve not managed to get that far yet! It’s taken 3 sittings to get through the first hour of part one. In all honesty it’s just making me want to dig out the anthology box and just watch it instead!

I’ve not managed to get that far yet! It’s taken 3 sittings to get through the first hour of part one. In all honesty it’s just making me want to dig out the anthology box and just watch it instead!
Its a hard sit to go through it in one chunk, even by individual parts. I did as @dbarila did, an hour or so each time and worked my way through it, I actually just finished it today. I'm glad they did it, but I fear its going to lose some of the fringe fans due to it's length, which is a shame because it could have been such a great window for those fans to learn more about the group, their talent and the inevitable struggles.

We’ve been breaking it up over multiple days. Finished pt 2 last night. It’s really for the super fan who must see every single second of footage ever, but I’ve honestly been enjoying it. Even the hubs has gotten into it and he’s barely a fan

We’ve been breaking it up over multiple days. Finished pt 2 last night. It’s really for the super fan who must see every single second of footage ever, but I’ve honestly been enjoying it. Even the hubs has gotten into it and he’s barely a fan
I mean it could have been the bonus discs to a nice Blu-ray release. It would have also been nice to get some interviews in with everyone who is still around.

Questlove had the same problem (hours of unseen footage) with Summer of Soul and directed a brilliant documentary that told a great story.

In parts is definitely the way to watch it. We started on Thursday and finished on Sunday. Wife did not even really watch any of part three, it lost her interest the moment it went back to meandering.

I think it would also appeal to musicians or people interested in songwriting as well.

(Side note:. Haven't interacted with you in a while on here so...Hi!)

Back