The Beatles

I can't stop thinking abut Get Back. I loved it, and am sad there aren't another 6 hours to watch.
So many highlights throughout...

George working on Old Brown Shoe on the piano
Billy Preston's smile
Ringo just simply being the the exact thing the Beatles needed. Solid drumming, always on task.
The version of Shake Rattle and Roll and a few other tunes they messed around with. I think I'd like to hear those again. The band was really really tight by then.
Paul singing Let it Be. I just can't get enough of it. (Same with Long and Winding Road)
George working out Something. Glad he ditched Moth to Flame line.
John's goofiness in small doses but also John's singing voice when he really chose to dial it in.
The smiles shared between John and Paul during the rooftop performance.
So many more!

Now I think I need the Let it Be boxset. Who here has it?
I just got the boxset from the Target sale, haven't gotten to play it yet but from a packaging standpoint it's really nice. Except the LP jackets are really thin, reminds me of the jackets from the BC13 blue box.

I just got the boxset from the Target sale, haven't gotten to play it yet but from a packaging standpoint it's really nice. Except the LP jackets are really thin, reminds me of the jackets from the BC13 blue box.
Most imports have thIn jackets. The advantage (assuming individual albums as opposed to boxes) is that more LPs fit on the shelf.

I can't stop thinking abut Get Back. I loved it, and am sad there aren't another 6 hours to watch.
So many highlights throughout...

George working on Old Brown Shoe on the piano
Billy Preston's smile
Ringo just simply being the the exact thing the Beatles needed. Solid drumming, always on task.
The version of Shake Rattle and Roll and a few other tunes they messed around with. I think I'd like to hear those again. The band was really really tight by then.
Paul singing Let it Be. I just can't get enough of it. (Same with Long and Winding Road)
George working out Something. Glad he ditched Moth to Flame line.
John's goofiness in small doses but also John's singing voice when he really chose to dial it in.
The smiles shared between John and Paul during the rooftop performance.
So many more!

Now I think I need the Let it Be boxset. Who here has it?
Same. I agree that much of Get Back was long, meandering, and exhausting, but I'm glad for the experience, especially for the moments that you shared among others... Paul riffing and pulling "Get Back" out of seemingly thin air... Billy Preston bringing another essential texture and enthusiasm to those songs. The rooftop concert was sheer delight! I wouldn't mind watching full versions of every song they played through.

Also, I preordered the box set back when Pop market had it as their deal. I've been listening to it quite a bit since receiving it, and read the book in preparation for Get Back.

Just think, Jackson’s first cut was 18 hours.

I’m about half way through part 2 and I’m loving everything so far. Well I take that back. I don’t love that Yoko is right next to John practically the entire time, but I’m assuming that was the doing of John.
While I don’t believe that Yoko was solely responsible for their breakup, I do feel she didn’t help things. I watched a clip of John & Yoko on the Dick Cavett show earlier today and she kind of sums it up at the end. 4 extremely talented musicians who needed to expand on their own.

Got a chance finally to listen to the new remix and the Get Back LP from the box set. I have to say I enjoy this new remix much better than the OG, much clearer and the vocals are more powerful. Get Back is cool to have as a novelty but I don't see myself listening to this often. Really didn't like the Glyn Johns mix of One After 909

Finally finished the first 2 parts...gonna start up part 3 later tonight.

I've really liked it so far, but I'm always a fan of these "fly on the wall" behind the scenes documentaries. It being THE BEATLES makes it more enjoyable to me.

Back