The Beatles

From reading the Hoffman forum and general consensus, it’s looking like a 3 or 4 cd plus Blu Ray Set .. a Giles Martin 2020 let it be mix, a Glyn Johns 1969 Get Back recreation, a sessions disc/s and the new Peter Jackson movie with poss the original Let it Be movie finally ......

...or not!
Do you think the films will be in the same package as the music? I’d be extremely doubtful. I think we’ll get the Jackson film on DVD/Blu with 🤞🏻the original doc as a bonus disc. I think there will be a separate music that’ll likely be Giles 50th and Get Back recreation on vinyl and that + cuts on vinyl. I’m hoping Naked will be in there too but sadly I have a sinking feeling that it won’t...
The Beatles website and Disney announcements of the Jackson film have stated that the original Let it Be film will follow the release of the new film.

I keep looking at that touring years soundtrack on my shelf and think I might be pretty close to what they do.

to @Joe Mac ‘s later point of none of the 50ths having a dvd.... none of them had a movie that coincided with them either.

They may want to try it as they’ll be looking at Anthology next for some kind of cash grab.

all right, so i got a new question to ask!

now that we're deep into the 50th anniversary remasters with the later work, what do you guys suggest are the best choices for Rubber Soul and Revolver in terms of recent reissues??? i'm looking to get those two, but would like to know which recent press is worth it

(no "original presses are better" please, we can't really go crate-digging rn, and plus i really would prefer a newer copy instead)

now that we're deep into the 50th anniversary remasters with the later work, what do you guys suggest are the best choices for Rubber Soul and Revolver in terms of recent reissues??? i'm looking to get those two, but would like to know which recent press is worth it

(no "original presses are better" please, we can't really go crate-digging rn, and plus i really would prefer a newer copy instead)
2014 monos:)

2014 monos:)
Yep, these be the ones!

Still holding my breath for Rubber Soul & Revolver anniversary editions of some kind. Not necessarily for a Giles Martin Remix, but for some session outtakes or alternate versions.

Still holding my breath for Rubber Soul & Revolver anniversary editions of some kind. Not necessarily for a Giles Martin Remix, but for some session outtakes or alternate versions.

Id be surprised given that they were in and out of the studio and releasing albums and singles at such a pace that I can’t imagine there is that much that hasn’t already been covered by albums, singles, Past/Mono Masters and anthology. It was more with Pepper’s onwards that the started to become a studio band doing multiple takes and experimenting that there were multiple, different sounding, versions of things to release. Whilst they haven’t been shy in milking the cash cow they have been careful so as not to drop the quality by releasing just anything in order to keep it alive and well. I’d put more money on and eventual repress of the 2014 monos than anything like that.

Id be surprised given that they were in and out of the studio and releasing albums and singles at such a pace that I can’t imagine there is that much that hasn’t already been covered by albums, singles, Past/Mono Masters and anthology. It was more with Pepper’s onwards that the started to become a studio band doing multiple takes and experimenting that there were multiple, different sounding, versions of things to release. Whilst they haven’t been shy in milking the cash cow they have been careful so as not to drop the quality by releasing just anything in order to keep it alive and well. I’d put more money on and eventual repress of the 2014 monos than anything like that.
I would love a re-press of the 2014 mono box! Surely they'd sell a bucket load again 6 years on with the increase in vinyl playback over that period, and could probably stick another 10-20% mark-up on the price, so makes business sense for sure. I'd bite if it ever gets done.

I would love a re-press of the 2014 mono box! Surely they'd sell a bucket load again 6 years on with the increase in vinyl playback over that period, and could probably stick another 10-20% mark-up on the price, so makes business sense for sure. I'd bite if it ever gets done.

I’d say there is more chance of the individuals than the box to be honest and with the last of the copies only really running out in the last year I’d say you may have a wait to build up demand again, but I’ve no doubt they will be repressed at some stage.

I’d say there is more chance of the individuals than the box to be honest and with the last of the copies only really running out in the last year I’d say you may have a wait to build up demand again, but I’ve no doubt they will be repressed at some stage.
If you ever see a box at a decent price, let me know! Otherwise it'll be a longish wait I think, you're right.

If you ever see a box at a decent price, let me know! Otherwise it'll be a longish wait I think, you're right.

Hahaha! I’ve not seen one that’s not around a grand for a while. I didn’t have the money for it back in 2014 but I was lucky enough to collect all the individuals before they disappeared! To be honest I’m more than happy to have the individuals and don’t feel jealous about not having the box lol!

Hahaha! I’ve not seen one that’s not around a grand for a while. I didn’t have the money for it back in 2014 but I was lucky enough to collect all the individuals before they disappeared! To be honest I’m more than happy to have the individuals and don’t feel jealous about not having the box lol!
I'd take all the individuals also, but yep all the prices are creeping up and up!

I'd take all the individuals also, but yep all the prices are creeping up and up!

They are! The Pepper’s was always in my top 10 most expensive on Discogs but I’ve notice 2 or 3 of the other individuals creeping up there too recently!

They are! The Pepper’s was always in my top 10 most expensive on Discogs but I’ve notice 2 or 3 of the other individuals creeping up there too recently!
Ugh. I need to get the recent 50th's of White, Abbey Road and Peppers also. Damn it!

Ugh. I need to get the recent 50th's of White, Abbey Road and Peppers also. Damn it!

There’s still plenty of new Abbey Road and White & Esher knocking about. The 2LP Pepper‘s 50th seems to have gone, its rising in value too cogs, but the 1LP is still around and, to be honest the second LP is rubbish anyway!

There’s still plenty of new Abbey Road and White & Esher knocking about. The 2LP Pepper‘s 50th seems to have gone, its rising in value too cogs, but the 1LP is still around and, to be honest the second LP is rubbish anyway!
Yep I've got the Abbey and White boxes on my Amazon list to get at some point, I'll chuck them in with a future nappy / baby order! Oops how did they get in there? What a coincidence...

Back