The Beatles

Just got my Revolver box from that Target deal...and my box was pretty decently squeezed from the shrink. Each disc is a bit warped (thanks GZ), with the Mono one looking the worst. Haven't tried any of them on the turntable yet, but not especially thrilled even with the ~ $70 savings.

Just got my Revolver box from that Target deal...and my box was pretty decently squeezed from the shrink. Each disc is a bit warped (thanks GZ), with the Mono one looking the worst. Haven't tried any of them on the turntable yet, but not especially thrilled even with the ~ $70 savings.
Their CS is usually pretty easy to deal with, at least in my experience

I am going to go ahead and the get Revolver box...anyone know where the best price on it is?
It's $139.99 shipped with code CHEER at udiscover

It's $139.99 shipped with code CHEER at udiscover
Excellent, thank you!

Got my second copy of the Revolver box from Target after returning the first on account of warps. Lo and behold, still dealing with some minor warping.

I'm afraid every box is going to be like this due to it being a GZ press and the tightness of the shrink causing the slipcase to squeeze inward. Am I being too nitpicky? Since I got a $200 box set for $120 should I just accept it and enjoy?

Got my second copy of the Revolver box from Target after returning the first on account of warps. Lo and behold, still dealing with some minor warping.

I'm afraid every box is going to be like this due to it being a GZ press and the tightness of the shrink causing the slipcase to squeeze inward. Am I being too nitpicky? Since I got a $200 box set for $120 should I just accept it and enjoy?
I wouldn't say that all are going to be this way, mine wasn't. But, as for nitpicky, no such thing when you're spending that kind of money, just how patient you want to be when it comes to how many exchanges you want to go through. That said, I don't think that warp is worth worrying about............just my opinion.

Agree with @AnthonyI. If that warp causes a problem on playback, I’d be more concerned about my turntable.

I wouldn't say that all are going to be this way, mine wasn't. But, as for nitpicky, no such thing when you're spending that kind of money, just how patient you want to be when it comes to how many exchanges you want to go through. That said, I don't think that warp is worth worrying about............just my opinion.

Agree with @AnthonyI. If that warp causes a problem on playback, I’d be more concerned about my turntable.

Thanks @AnthonyI and @Russ I. My first set was far, far worse. I think I'll give everything a play-through and if all is good, just enjoy the tunes.

Hi. Questions to owners of The Beatles in Mono: was the book and all the records in the box sealed in plastic wrap when you first opened the box?

I found someone selling a set in the city and I want to make sure it isn’t a bootleg.

Hi. Questions to owners of The Beatles in Mono: was the book and all the records in the box sealed in plastic wrap when you first opened the box?

I found someone selling a set in the city and I want to make sure it isn’t a bootleg.
I want to say they were all shrunk wrap… unsure about the book.

I want to say they were all shrunk wrap… unsure about the book.
Yes, book is wrapped too.

I recall the records were/are all in re-sealable plastic sleeves, not shrink wrap. Not positive if the book was in plastic initially 🤔

If anyone is looking for 1986 Japan Odeon Beatles mono pressings on red vinyl, Record City has a bunch of them listed today. Not cheap, but they look to be in great condition. First 8 records listed on this page:

If anyone is looking for 1986 Japan Odeon Beatles mono pressings on red vinyl, Record City has a bunch of them listed today. Not cheap, but they look to be in great condition. First 8 records listed on this page:

I have Help! and Please Please Me from this series and they do sound fantastic.

Nope, NOPE!!, NOPE!!!! keep walking Anthony.....................

Back