The Beatles

Was waiting to see if the price dropped today and it hasn’t yet. But I am expecting it to at some point. That Wilco box set wound up being like 40% off the day it actually came out. Just waiting…

I'm curious about comparing this box sets LPs to the Mofi and Mono box pressings.

I gotta say, some of the reviews really made me laugh, the things that some picked apart were comical in my opinion, but hey, to each his own.

I'm curious about comparing this box sets LPs to the Mofi and Mono box pressings.

I gotta say, some of the reviews really made me laugh, the things that some picked apart were comical in my opinion, but hey, to each his own.

Reviewers have to say something to draw people in so controversy in a review, and particularly headline of it, sells. It’s why everything is seemingly shit or awesome these days.

Agreed that I was also surprisingly impressed with it. It was always going to be a struggle not to get it as it's my favourite album. But I'm still hoping there's a magic price drop (maybe around Black Friday, Xmas) that brings it closer to £100. That feels just about manageable for what is basically two disc of outtakes and a new mix...

I just ordered the Let it Be box this week for £80. I suspect I'll be ordering the Revolver box at some point, £100 seems about the price where I'll bite. It'll probably be this time next year

I just ordered the Let it Be box this week for £80. I suspect I'll be ordering the Revolver box at some point, £100 seems about the price where I'll bite. It'll probably be this time next year
Yup, I did the same a month ago and got it for £85. That said, I waited ages for the White Album + Esher to come down more on this side of Atlantic but had to bite the bullet in the end.

Guys, I'm not gonna lie.. I just A/B'd the new Revolver mix against my two early JP presses and... I don't really like the new mix. It's so clean and sterilized it just loses all that dirty rocking charm of its original sound. It just sounds like another heavily produced studio album to me now.

Guys, I'm not gonna lie.. I just A/B'd the new Revolver mix against my two early JP presses and... I don't really like the new mix. It's so clean and sterilized it just loses all that dirty rocking charm of its original sound. It just sounds like another heavily produced studio album to me now.
Looks like you are gonna save yourself some $$ as opposed to buying a 3rd copy of the same album. Congrats. You should use that savings to buy some more records.

Really dig the outtakes on this, even if they may be a bit repetitive.

Ringo’s drumming stands out to me in particular. He was really laying down some amazing beats on this album. The “She Said, She Said Take 15” was really cool.

Also the take of the “Bird Can Sing” where they’re laughing while singing has always made me laugh!

Guys, I got my box on Tuesday and the 24/96 download yesterday. It's freakin' amazing. Both, but the D/L is slighly limited, not bothersome.

Yes, price is high - I paid $240 CDN, which considering the book quality, is probably fair.

This isn't garage rock, it is psychedelia. The remix really brings that out, and the increased separation and tonality are what makes it trippier. The sound of Ringo's drums is greatly enhanced, with greater snap and impact. Little details pop up, but without undue emphasis.

It's each to their own taste. I do find it interesting that Tone Poet's get guys jizzing in their underwear over the clarity, soundstage, air and space...but with a rock record, it's different. I don't do A/B's, though. I want to come to something on its own terms, not against some self-imposed benchmark.

I love all the Giles remixes so far, but Pepper has been my favorite until now. Revolver just slays.

Last edited:
So the vinyl set has gone off to be wrapped up for Xmas from Mrs N- but have the CD set to check out this 2022 remix - two tracks in - wow - Eleanor Rigby is stunning

View attachment 155746

That’s the best remix so far - I’ve been listening to this album constantly for 30+ years on different formats , diff mixes - mono / stereo - and I picked up things ive not noted before - it’s got the punch of the mono with the details of stereo- For No One is stunning - well worth getting this - and glad the EP is in this as Rain is superb too

I've had Revolver on steady repeat all week.

A couple of thoughts...

I like the new mix. I will be picking up the single disc at some point for the collection. It highlights different parts of the sound and at times is a very different listen.

While the extras are nice for background listening, I struggle with putting these extras on the table for dedicated time at the table. I would gladly purchase the CD version for a fair price.

Mono is mono, hard to tell from stupify if its worth any additional time. The conventional wisdom seems to be it is the same as the mono box. It's possible that boring German dude just vaped a little too hard before his comparison...

It's the Beatles though, so I'm obsessed.

I've had Revolver on steady repeat all week.

A couple of thoughts...

I like the new mix. I will be picking up the single disc at some point for the collection. It highlights different parts of the sound and at times is a very different listen.

While the extras are nice for background listening, I struggle with putting these extras on the table for dedicated time at the table. I would gladly purchase the CD version for a fair price.

Mono is mono, hard to tell from stupify if its worth any additional time. The conventional wisdom seems to be it is the same as the mono box. It's possible that boring German dude just vaped a little too hard before his comparison...

It's the Beatles though, so I'm obsessed.
Similar thoughts here - I have all the other super deluxe sets on CD, so planning to pick this one up once there’s a decent sale. I’ll get the standalone LP as well eventually.

In fact, I’m considering getting rid of all my 2012 vinyl stereo copies and just keeping the remixes. Is that blasphemous? I already have the mono box, so just trying to find ways to free up some shelf space.

Similar thoughts here - I have all the other super deluxe sets on CD, so planning to pick this one up once there’s a decent sale. I’ll get the standalone LP as well eventually.

In fact, I’m considering getting rid of all my 2012 vinyl stereo copies and just keeping the remixes. Is that blasphemous? I already have the mono box, so just trying to find ways to free up some shelf space.
You have the 2012 stereo vinyl? It might be blasphemous to keep them. LOL.

That remaster was fine for digital or CD, but the vinyl sucks.

I want any remixes they do in the future, this one, and an OG stereo of SGT pepper. Then a copy of Red and I'll be happy for vinyl. Wouldn't turn down copies of the US releases, but have them on CD.

I have the remixes of Sgt Pepper, Abby Road, Let It Be, and White Album (box). I have the mono box. I have the soundtrack to the Touring years (Hollywood bowl show remixed), Blue, Yellow Submarine (2012), and Hey Jude.

I have a lot more on CD - capital albums vol 1 and 2. A Hamburg boot. The Tony Sheridan album, anthology 1-3 (i mean I went to Best Buy at midnight for those), every stereo album, red, blue, let it be... naked, one, love. mono box. BBC sessions 1. I'd like BBC vol. 2. Have the stereo itunes box as well as the Tomorrow Never Knows comp. Have Anthology on DVD and the funky BluRay version of One. I have the super deluxe Help box, A Hard Day's Night, and Yellow Submarine on DVD. Would love a copy of Let it Be. I saw Magical Mystery tour when I was younger twice... second time, enhanced as it were, no desire to see that again. I'm in the minority of superfans that found Get Back a bore. I may just be fly on the wall outed for this band.

I've got lots of books including discographies, biographies, one that breaks down recording techniques and stuff for sessions, Anthology, and Get Back... illustrated lyric books, a nice Yellow Submarine story book...

Anthology is infinitely more listenable than anything released in these boxes besides the Esher demos for White. I can't call any of them besides White essential for that reason. Furthermore, vinyl is such a dedicated experience for me that stuff that works as background (after an initial listen) just doesn't deserve the shelf space for me. I'd like all the superdeluxe cs boxes (for the books if nothing else) but can't be bothered to go out of my way or even consider the sales I've seen retail for them. Not to mention that the vinyl prices on all of them have been stupid except for random amazon warehouse deals on white.

Last edited:
I started to feel fleeced with the Tomorrow Never Knows comp and it did a lot to curb my need to be a completionist. Which is probably something my wife considers a blessing.

You have the 2012 stereo vinyl? It might be blasphemous to keep them. LOL.

That remaster was fine for digital or CD, but the vinyl sucks.

I want any remixes they do in the future, this one, and an OG stereo of SGT pepper. Then a copy of Red and I'll be happy for vinyl. Wouldn't turn down copies of the US releases, but have them on CD.

I have the remixes of Sgt Pepper, Abby Road, Let It Be, and White Album (box). I have the mono box. I have the soundtrack to the Touring years (Hollywood bowl show remixed), Blue, Yellow Submarine (2012), and Hey Jude.

I have a lot more on CD - capital albums vol 1 and 2. A Hamburg boot. The Tony Sheridan album, anthology 1-3 (i mean I went to Best Buy at midnight for those), every stereo album, red, blue, let it be... naked, one, love. mono box. BBC sessions 1. I'd like BBC vol. 2. Have the stereo itunes box as well as the Tomorrow Never Knows comp. Have Anthology on DVD and the funky BluRay version of One. I have the super deluxe Help box, A Hard Day's Night, and Yellow Submarine on DVD. Would love a copy of Let it Be. I saw Magical Mystery tour when I was younger twice... second time, enhanced as it were, no desire to see that again. I'm in the minority of superfans that found Get Back a bore. I may just be fly on the wall outed for this band.

I've got lots of books including discographies, biographies, one that breaks down recording techniques and stuff for sessions, Anthology, and Get Back... illustrated lyric books, a nice Yellow Submarine story book...

Anthology is infinitely more listenable than anything released in these boxes besides the Esher demos for White. I can't call any of them besides White essential for that reason. Furthermore, vinyl is such a dedicated experience for me that stuff that works as background (after an initial listen) just doesn't deserve the shelf space for me. I'd like all the superdeluxe cs boxes (for the books if nothing else) but can't be bothered to go out of my way or even consider the sales I've seen retail for them. Not to mention that the vinyl prices on all of them have been stupid except for random amazon warehouse deals on white.
Thanks for the review. I’m warming up to the idea of picking up the single LP (as opposed to nothing at all). I have two copies of Revolver but neither is ideal. This new mix won’t be my last (I still need a mono) but could very well become my go-to listening copy for the next few years.

As expected, reams of reviews for the typical endemic GZ pressing issues for both the Revolver single disc and box set. Many people citing loud IGD that I'm willing to bet isn't actually IGD but is just the usual loud end of side crackle that GZ seems incapable of figuring out with any sort of consistency.

Last edited:
so Market, which is kinda a hypebeast clothing/lifestyle company, weirdly has a Beatles collaboration.

lots of really expensive and strange stuff, but the blankets are kiiiinda rad:

Back