The Beatles

The documentary hype has me looking to see if any affordable copies of the mono CD box set still exist.
They don't.
Back in '09 when the remastered CDs came out, I wavered between getting one of the boxes and just snagging the remastered discs that I wanted individually over time.

I eventually bought them all solo. Still wish I would've went the other way on that one.

Hot damn... Any idea what they're charging? Or if they're still available? Rubber Soul & Revolver are real wants of mine.
Your best bet might be to reply to their Instagram. They don’t open again until Tuesday. I could assist if they’re still available, but they don’t take holds or purchases over the Internet.

Your best bet might be to reply to their Instagram. They don’t open again until Tuesday. I could assist if they’re still available, but they don’t take holds or purchases over the Internet.
Followed up with them earlier this week. All about going rate ($100 or so) which is a bit too rich for my blood right now, especially after all the Christmas shopping. Maybe after I sell some records I can splurge...

Appreciate you sharing with us, though!

Followed up with them earlier this week. All about going rate ($100 or so) which is a bit too rich for my blood right now, especially after all the Christmas shopping. Maybe after I sell some records I can splurge...

Jamie (the owner) is usually pretty fair with pricing. He takes into account going rates, demand, and so on. Typically when I see high-priced records there, they're usually more online with shipping. He hits the sweet spot for me more than he misses. I am so spoiled with that store and the deals I have scored.

One example, this was in the new punk/alt arrivals in late 2014. I looked it over, saw a few light marks, nothing major. Jamie priced it at $5. I have no idea why, maybe he was in a rush or didn't look closely enough, or maybe he had a good money day and wanted to throw in a hidden gem for his buyers. This happens enough to keep me coming back, so maybe that's another theory. His store has been open for something like 25 years.

Popped in on Friday.
The Beatles (white) mono was $120.
Pretty much going rate now, unbelievably.

Anyone have any cool Beatles memorabilia? Specifically taking about autographs, era-specific items, etc. But - I'd love to see anything, if you do! I've been toying with ponying up some cash to land a McCartney autograph, which keeps going up...

Show me whatcha got!
One of my favorite local shops has some goodies! Not sure how lucky you'll get with online sales, but I could always swing by after the holiday if anything trips your trigger.

I have a small library of books, but also these:
1AF152A8-4BD5-472B-95DB-7B6370A22D0A.jpeg
Discography poster was a Christmas present from my wife several years ago. That’s a ticket to Paul McCartney that a friend gave me for the tour we went to just before the pandemic.

6C57DEF8-9478-45B8-8D04-35757A4B8525.jpeg
This is a print my daughter gave me for my birthday a while back.

Anyone have any cool Beatles memorabilia? Specifically taking about autographs, era-specific items, etc. But - I'd love to see anything, if you do! I've been toying with ponying up some cash to land a McCartney autograph, which keeps going up...

Show me whatcha got!
My mother in law has tons of stuff from the early 60s. I'll try to get some pics during the holidays to share here. Me, I just completed my Anthology set yesterday!

I was thinking the same thing as I watched this and SG's review, the book for this issue and the White album seem phenomenal.....but I talked myself out of it before, so we're doing it again....reluctantly. I still hope the books might get released on there own at some point 🤞🤞🤞
I wound up getting the CDs for the books and settled on the album only vinyl reissues. Best of both worlds.

I understand that stereo recording was still early in its existence in the 1960’s, but is there a reason why “a hard days night” and “Beatles for sale” have proper stereo mixes yet “rubber soul” and “revolver” still have odd mixing decisions related to vocals.

Back