The Beatles

I’m still on 6. It’s cost prohibitive to go further now. I’m still debating waiting to see if post Covid the market cools or maybe even flogging the 6 and maybe going down the used Japanese route for the stereos.
I'm with ya, if I was that far off and depending on which ones were missing, it would be a different story. While I had feelers out, I wasn't kidding myself into thinking it was something that was going to remotely happen any day soon, if at all. That being said, at reasonably under median value the conversation had to be had, and it worked out. I actually got a nice copy of Long Tall Sally out of it as well :)

I'm with ya, if I was that far off and depending on which ones were missing, it would be a different story. While I had feelers out, I wasn't kidding myself into thinking it was something that was going to remotely happen any day soon, if at all. That being said, at reasonably under median value the conversation had to be had, and it worked out. I actually got a nice copy of Long Tall Sally out of it as well :)

Yeah I need the first four, Rubber Soul, Revolver and Yellow Submarine. I could probably justify slowly working my way towards it if With The Beatles wasn’t so crazily priced!

Anthony blows his years vinyl budget on one record 😂

Seriously though congrats, enjoy!
Thank you :)

............and in my best "deigo Italian" voice "I got an offer I couldn't refuse". In all honesty, if I didn't grab it at this offered price it would end up being one of those "should have jumped on it when you had the chance" moments.

This is fantastic, thanks for posting it. I just started a re-watch of Get Back a couple nights ago and kind of feel like every bit of dialog is an Easter egg. I realize how many little things I missed the first time.
Yes, I started re-watching it. He's right about the banality of it. I find parts of it both intensely fascinating and rather boring simultaneously. But it all adds up to such a vivid and human picture. I'm also reading the Get Back book, which I got from the library yesterday. There's quite a lot of dialogue not in the film, and again it's just the sheer amount of it that adds up to make it such an interesting read. As the article says though, just think what a film/book would have been like during eg Revolver...

I’m selling stuff now. Maybe later in the year. It’s got so damn expensive though and it was already more than I wanted to pay!
Just a heads up to everyone... If you're looking for rare stuff like... Naked orrr the Classics Records pressing of the Zeppelin albums, or say.... every UHQR except Peppers and DSOTM... Give member OMC a shout. (But not Naked because I bought that one).

Back