The Beatles

Let me know what you think of them if/when you get one! I've had my eye on the Abbey Road MoFi since, like you said, it's one of the more affordable ones.

I have Abbey Road MoFi and I don't like it :/

Like it's ok..but not like the modern MFSL items I have. I personally prefer the newest remaster they've done.

Like it's ok..but not like the modern MFSL items I have. I personally prefer the newest remaster they've done.

šŸ˜¬

I do have that too but I wanted a good copy of the original stereo mix as opposed to Gilesā€™ new one. The 2012 from the 2009 digital transfer of the masters isnā€™t stellar.

šŸ˜¬

I do have that too but I wanted a good copy of the original stereo mix as opposed to Gilesā€™ new one. The 2012 from the 2009 digital transfer of the masters isnā€™t stellar.

It's not a bad thing to have as a beatles collector. That's why I keep mine. Would like to hear your thoughts once you hear it.

I've read this a few times here and there, people not liking the MoFi pressing, and each time, I toss mine on and come to the same conclusion, it sounds great............I guess it'll need another spin :)

I pulled a numbered ā€œwhite albumā€ out of an auction box, I had missed it first time flipping through.

These Apple OPs (Scranton press) are a bitch to ID on Discogs. Some title mistakes but most were fixed. Has an A222xxxxxxz number. No inserts. Cover is surprisingly clean with a couple chunks out of the top edge.

I've read this a few times here and there, people not liking the MoFi pressing, and each time, I toss mine on and come to the same conclusion, it sounds great............I guess it'll need another spin :)
ā€˜Same conclusionā€™ as youā€™ve reached other times youā€™ve played your MoFi? Or same conclusion as @uvwxVinyl ā€™s opinion that you quoted?

I'm no audiophile and have very with modest gear so it's probably just a preference. I mean the way they mix music through the ages also makes it a very generational thing anyway. I can only compare them to the modern Dylan, Weezer, Miles MFSL titles and they're mixed very differently. Not a huge deal for me but it's also worth noting the vinyl isn't heavyweight 180+g like the modern titles. I'd be disappointed had I spent a lot of money to acquire it. I have a copy I found for very cheap so I'm ok with it, and actually play the newest remaster more.

So all 4 of the MoFis I ordered from around the world arrived today! Theyā€™re very clean, pretty impressed at that! Only the Abbey Road jacket is showing a few signs of age and even it isnā€™t terrible.

Iā€™m just coming to the end of Magical Mystery Tour and I love it. It very much reminds me of The Beatles I grew up listening to, the bass and drums are more recessed in the mix than the 2009 onward new mixes or the monos. Also really nice clean presses.

@uvwxVinyl did you have much experience of the Beatles before the 2009 digital remasters or the 2012 stereo/2014 mono/Giles 50th? Because if you didnā€™t I can kinda see where youā€™re coming from because they are different, particularly Gilesā€™ mixes, the bass and drums are very forward in those mixes. This reminds me more, as a mix, of the 87 CDs that my dad had.

So all 4 of the MoFis I ordered from around the world arrived today! Theyā€™re very clean, pretty impressed at that! Only the Abbey Road jacket is showing a few signs of age and even it isnā€™t terrible.

Iā€™m just coming to the end of Magical Mystery Tour and I love it. It very much reminds me of The Beatles I grew up listening to, the bass and drums are more recessed in the mix than the 2009 onward new mixes or the monos. Also really nice clean presses.

@uvwxVinyl did you have much experience of the Beatles before the 2009 digital remasters or the 2012 stereo/2014 mono/Giles 50th? Because if you didnā€™t I can kinda see where youā€™re coming from because they are different, particularly Gilesā€™ mixes, the bass and drums are very forward in those mixes. This reminds me more, as a mix, of the 87 CDs that my dad had.
Awesome! Which of the other MoFis did ya get? Abbey + Magical Mystery and which others? Glad you're digging them.

Awesome! Which of the other MoFis did ya get? Abbey + Magical Mystery and which others? Glad you're digging them.

White and Let It Be! Just about half way through Side A of White. Same impression, beautiful press and master but very much mixed like I remember Beatles albums rather than the more recent releases. Neither is right or wrong but Iā€™m glad Iā€™ve gone for these for me original stereo mix copies for that reason!

White and Let It Be! Just about half way through Side A of White. Same impression, beautiful press and master but very much mixed like I remember Beatles albums rather than the more recent releases. Neither is right or wrong but Iā€™m glad Iā€™ve gone for these for me original stereo mix copies for that reason!
Abbey Road and Let It Be are the two I have my eye on from MoFi. Revolver too but that one's usually crazy pricey.

Abbey Road and Let It Be are the two I have my eye on from MoFi. Revolver too but that one's usually crazy pricey.

I think that the three Iā€™ve always had my eye on have been Abbey Road, Let It Be and Yellow Submarine. ie the three that were never released in mono. I think I might slowly try to get all 13 of these now...

Let it Be and Yellow Submarine arenā€™t cheap either, I paid more than the others for Let It Be by quite a bit.

I think that the three Iā€™ve always had my eye on have been Abbey Road, Let It Be and Yellow Submarine. ie the three that were never released in mono. I think I might slowly try to get all 13 of these now...

Let it Be and Yellow Submarine arenā€™t cheap either, I paid more than the others for Let It Be by quite a bit.
If I see any for decent prices I'll send them your way!

I've had random 70s repressings of Abbey road before (as well as the other albums). I guess it's just a matter of taste in that case as I do prefer the mono mixes from the 2014 series and the newest mix by Giles for Abbey Road.

Like I said if I get my hands on any other MFSL Beatles titles I would still hold on to them like I do with Abbey Road.

I've had random 70s repressings of Abbey road before (as well as the other albums). I guess it's just a matter of taste in that case as I do prefer the mono mixes from the 2014 series and the newest mix by Giles for Abbey Road.

Like I said if I get my hands on any other MFSL Beatles titles I would still hold on to them like I do with Abbey Road.

Yeah thatā€™s fair but I do think these are very very good masters and pressings theyā€™re just to a slightly different flavour. I have still got to spin Abbey Road and Let It Be. I love my mono presses, and the Giles Martin ones as well, I just think that for the original stereo mix this is exactly how they should sound and that theyā€™re miles ahead of the ones currently in press from 2012 based on the 2009 digital remaster.

Last edited:
Back