The Beatles

The Anniversary Sgt Peppers is system or taste dependent. I pretty much hated it until I bought the Sutherland Duo. It’s nice now, but still not as good as a mid 80s British copy. It’s also not up to the standard of the Anniversary White Album or Abbey Road.
Was hoping that UDiscover had the Abbey Road reissue since they still have the 30% + 20% stacked coupon but they only have the deluxe which I don’t really need! I’ll look around though for that one. Probably will skip out on Sgt Peppers for now.

Was hoping that UDiscover had the Abbey Road reissue since they still have the 30% + 20% stacked coupon but they only have the deluxe which I don’t really need! I’ll look around though for that one. Probably will skip out on Sgt Peppers for now.

The extras on the deluxe of Abbey Road are really very good, not quite Esher Sessions good but really worthwhile if you’re a big Beatles fan.

The extras on the deluxe of Abbey Road are really very good, not quite Esher Sessions good but really worthwhile if you’re a big Beatles fan.
I agree the extras make the box a worthy purchase. Although I went through 5 copies and the album disc had occasional surface noise on all of them, and disc 2 was fine. Not sure if the single LP version is any different.

I agree the extras make the box a worthy purchase. Although I went through 5 copies and the album disc had occasional surface noise on all of them, and disc 2 was fine. Not sure if the single LP version is any different.

Oh wow! Where was the US version pressed? I didn’t have similar issue on the EU pressing of it!

Is there another discount code running besides the SURVEY20?

What are peoples’ thoughts on the Beatles stereo box set? I know the mono is the one people rave about but with current prices of that, there’s no way I’ll ever buy that one...
Stereo box is not worth it unless you want to get it for aesthetic purposes. From a sound quality standpoint the BC13 blue box is way better, and also a little cheaper.

Also the quality of the 2012 Stereo box depends on which pressing. The EU one is better since it was pressed at Optimal. The US one is pretty bad, it was pressed at Rainbo. I actually bought a Stereo box this year since there was deal I couldn't pass up, it seems to be a re-release since it actually has a mix of both EU and US pressings, and has the 2017 Sgt Pepper's Anniv LP instead of the 2012.

Stereo box is not worth it unless you want to get it for aesthetic purposes. From a sound quality standpoint the BC13 blue box is way better, and also a little cheaper.

Also the quality of the 2012 Stereo box depends on which pressing. The EU one is better since it was pressed at Optimal. The US one is pretty bad, it was pressed at Rainbo. I actually bought a Stereo box this year since there was deal I couldn't pass up, it seems to be a re-release since it actually has a mix of both EU and US pressings, and has the 2017 Sgt Pepper's Anniv LP instead of the 2012.
I was mostly asking because I have a lead on a box well below MSRP and well below any listings for the BC-13 box. But I might hold off for now then since reviews of it don’t seem too promising and not sure I actually need every album in the box.

Let it be naked!!!!!😂
for €80?

200.gif

Back