The Beatles

Managed to pick that one up in the sale at a Lego shop a few years back, shocked at how much it’s doing the eBay rounds for.

View attachment 76761
Got that set for my kid for Christmas a few years back. Since he's not into Legos anymore, they are all mixed in with the millions of other bricks in a huge storage tub in the closet... or lost in various vehicles, floor vents, vacuum cleaners, etc... So much for collectibility!

Got that set for my kid for Christmas a few years back. Since he's not into Legos anymore, they are all mixed in with the millions of other bricks in a huge storage tub in the closet... or lost in various vehicles, floor vents, vacuum cleaners, etc... So much for collectibility!

Oh man the floor vents. My 3 yr old stashes all kinds of stuff in those. I'm pretty sure like 5 of my bluetooth earpieces and every comb in the house are in the air vents somewhere.

That looks much happier than what fans have been led to believe regarding these sessions.

I’m really hoping for a vinyl re-release of “Let It Be Naked”.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a copy of LIBN when Amazon was trying to get rid of them. Think it got to $20 or so at one point. Sigh

Cheapest I've seen one recently is $100

What are peoples’ thoughts on the Beatles stereo box set? I know the mono is the one people rave about but with current prices of that, there’s no way I’ll ever buy that one...

What are peoples’ thoughts on the Beatles stereo box set? I know the mono is the one people rave about but with current prices of that, there’s no way I’ll ever buy that one...

The ones from it that I have (Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road and Let It Be) are ok, well pressed but the mastering isn’t up to scratch when compared to the 2014 monos or the Giles Martin stereo remasters. From what I understand they were mastered from the digital transfers done for the 2009 digital remasters. The common consensus is to look to older presses if you’re going for the original stereo mixes.

Last edited:
I have the Mono box and wanted to pick up the Stereo counterparts, I decided to bide my time and pick up 70's-80's UK pressings of those albums instead, they sound fantastic and, for the most part, aren't super expensive..........you just need some patience ;)

Thanks @Joe Mac and @AnthonyI . Saw the stereo box for a pretty good deal (under retail) but might just see if I can grab other pressings of them if they aren’t great. The MoFi box always piques my interest and I have come across some for a decent price lately but I hate that there’s no album art.

@MikeH - the "anniversary" stereo reissue sets of Abbey Road and White Album (Giles Martin) are fantastic. I am hopeful they will do more of these. I have the mono White Album from that box and the stereo White Album with the Esher Demos and I actually prefer the stereo. If you don't need the whole box there are individual mono ones out in the wild for ok prices if you pay attention or load them into your Discogs want list.

@MikeH - the "anniversary" stereo reissue sets of Abbey Road and White Album (Giles Martin) are fantastic. I am hopeful they will do more of these. I have the mono White Album from that box and the stereo White Album with the Esher Demos and I actually prefer the stereo. If you don't need the whole box there are individual mono ones out in the wild for ok prices if you pay attention or load them into your Discogs want list.
Sgt Peppers Anniversary is good too, just be warned that it is not the phase shift version. Also it seems like the single disc version is superior to the deluxe version.

I have the deluxe The Beatles and Esher Demos box and that ones quite nice. I might pick up Abbey Road as well! I have some of my parents old copies of a bunch of Beatles albums but they aren’t in the best shape. My mom played the hell out of them. Most of them have hearts drawn all over the back covers on any pictures of Paul 😂😂

This is an Annv. issue I keep going back and forth on.

I like the mix, but I’m not a fan of the original stereo mess. It uses the mono as a reference. That means that it’s a bit controversial, but I like it. Disc 2, the odds and sods, is shockingly bad, the quality is really low so if you are tempted the 1 disc should be enough.

This is an Annv. issue I keep going back and forth on.
The Anniversary Sgt Peppers is system or taste dependent. I pretty much hated it until I bought the Sutherland Duo. It’s nice now, but still not as good as a mid 80s British copy. It’s also not up to the standard of the Anniversary White Album or Abbey Road.

Back