Television

Was it bad acting, bad story, both? I can stomach some bad story but if the acting sucks... ✌ out.
All of the above. It is a dark show. So there has to be SOMETHING good to latch onto. A great performance, some good music, etc. There was nothing. @Woob_woob - can you more accurately pinpoint why it was bad?

All of the above. It is a dark show. So there has to be SOMETHING good to latch onto. A great performance, some good music, etc. There was nothing. @Woob_woob - can you more accurately pinpoint why it was bad?
I didnt fully hate it til the final episode.

I haven't watched JJ S3 yet. Is it worth the time? I'm kinda meh since they were all canceled. But maybe it wraps up nicely?
It was a slog getting going through the first few episodes but then really takes off towards the middle. I haven't actually finished it yet. I think I have like 2 episodes left.
It was fine.
Overall fine, yeah.

JJ never reached its season 1 highs in its 2nd and 3rd seasons. I still enjoyed it all and it's my 2nd favorite Netflix/Marvel show, but S1 is the only one I'd rank in the best superhero tv seasons

It is not at all worth one second of your time. I'm serious. Not even Rachel could save that awful season.

Season 3 was far far better.
@Teeeee is right. Flat characters, wooden acting, nonsense story, painfully bad dialogue (this would be the only reason to watch it, because there are some SERIOUSLY bad lines in this), and no payoff. And it unintentionally made Lera Lynn and her music into a weird punchline. Skip it.

Wow. I wasn't familiar with the source material, but even having just seen the trailer, I immediately thought "This looks like a Garth Ennis comic come to life."

I enjoyed his run on Hitman back in the day, but none of his work is aging very well, IMO.
I loved the issue where Hitman had a conversation with Superman

It was fine.
It was a slog getting going through the first few episodes but then really takes off towards the middle. I haven't actually finished it yet. I think I have like 2 episodes left.

Overall fine, yeah.
I actually quite liked JJ S3. I liked the change in having Trish centric episodes. I didn't really need the Luke cameo. But overall, good season!

Looking forward to watching The Righteous Gemstones. I really enjoyed Vice Principals.

It's really weird/cool to me to see things I recognize around town on HBO shows. I guess that's more normal for those of you that live in big cities.

It's funny you should mention this because my Instagram memory from 7 years ago had to do with Dexter filming in the donut shop across from our old apartment down in Long Beach...

6D635DF1-C0F5-465E-8837-A398410FDA63.jpeg

Even though it was supposed to be Miami, they always did the majority of their filming in Long Beach. CSI Miami too.

It's funny you should mention this because my Instagram memory from 7 years ago had to do with Dexter filming in the donut shop across from our old apartment down in Long Beach...

View attachment 14624

Even though it was supposed to be Miami, they always did the majority of their filming in Long Beach. CSI Miami too.
Crazy, I had no idea. As someone who's never been to either, obviously they had me fooled!

Crazy, I had no idea. As someone who's never been to either, obviously they had me fooled!

They specifically used this same donut shop over the course of the series. They even have a photo of the staff with Michael C Hall on the wall inside.

There were a couple of times also that my wife was driving around the area and would see him in "his Dexter clothes" filming something.

So, just finished Mindhunter season 2. Though there are a couple ofsecondary stories totally unnecessary, it is way better than the first season.
And the little kid, Brian... He probably says ten words in the whole season, but he scared the shit out of me every time he appeared on the screen.

I'll wait Glow next.

They specifically used this same donut shop over the course of the series. They even have a photo of the staff with Michael C Hall on the wall inside.

There were a couple of times also that my wife was driving around the area and would see him in "his Dexter clothes" filming something.
I loved Dexter when it was in its heyday, I even read a few of the books (which are very different to the how). I loved the character progression and storylines......such a shame it ended the way it did.

Anyone watch Superstore? We started it this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. It's a harmless NBC comedy, the creator wrote for both The Office and Scrubs and it shows. We binged about a season and a half over the weekend.

Anyone watch Superstore? We started it this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. It's a harmless NBC comedy, the creator wrote for both The Office and Scrubs and it shows. We binged about a season and a half over the weekend.

I binged all of it earlier this summer. It’s a good show to watch while I’m working. Surprisingly more fun and enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Back