Television

I just finished Orange is the New Black, the final season. I thought it was well done. So much better than last season. It wrapped up a lot of the story lines. Some of the endings were sad, some happy, some open ended. I'm glad I stuck with it.

OITNB is a show that I just can't binge. I think Veronica and I have watched the first four episodes so far. It's pretty good. Better than the last couple of seasons for sure.

I just finished Orange is the New Black, the final season. I thought it was well done. So much better than last season. It wrapped up a lot of the story lines. Some of the endings were sad, some happy, some open ended. I'm glad I stuck with it.
I finished it almost a week ago, the final season was definitely a major improvement over 5 & 6!

Just finished the Euphoria season one finale. I don't know that she wins them, but I definitely think Zendaya should get some Emmy and Golden Globe consideration for her work on this show. And this finale should be the episode they submit for consideration because she was fantastic in this episode.

Just finished the Euphoria season one finale. I don't know that she wins them, but I definitely think Zendaya should get some Emmy and Golden Globe consideration for her work on this show. And this finale should be the episode they submit for consideration because she was fantastic in this episode.
Looking forward to wrapping the season up tonight. And absolutely agree - she's been amazing so far. Wow - the finale is what they should submit? Goodness I can't wait to see that.

Last season was not good.
I think you'll be pleased with this one.
I finished it almost a week ago, the final season was definitely a major improvement over 5 & 6!
What was so wrong with those season? Personally OITNB was a consistent C/C+ show every season for me. The final season did a good job wrapping everything up, but I didnt think it was any better or worse than the past few seasons.

What was so wrong with those season? Personally OITNB was a consistent C/C+ show every season for me. The final season did a good job wrapping everything up, but I didnt think it was any better or worse than the past few seasons.

I HATE Badison. And that whole story line with the new characters and their drug war and the kickball game was just meh to me.

Wow. I wasn't familiar with the source material, but even having just seen the trailer, I immediately thought "This looks like a Garth Ennis comic come to life."

I enjoyed his run on Hitman back in the day, but none of his work is aging very well, IMO.
His war stuff is good and his run on Punisher is good. I agree on the rest, never could get into Preacher.

I couldn’t make it through the last season of Oitnb and my wife seems in no hurry to start this one.

I HATE Badison. And that whole story line with the new characters and their drug war and the kickball game was just meh to me.
I loved Badison. She was one of my favorites from the max additions.

I'm with you @Teeeee ... Badison is one of the worst characters of all-time... Horribly written and acted ... Even her name is horrible.

Ok, yup. I get it. Wow, stunningly devastating and beautiful episode. She shouldn't just get nominated, she should win.

@everyone-
I said it. Don't @ me. ;)

Ok, yup. I get it. Wow, stunningly devastating and beautiful episode. She shouldn't just get nominated, she should win.

@everyone-
I said it. Don't @ me. ;)

Euphoria isn't always successful at balancing out the ugly and the beautiful, and often times it isn't even trying to, but I thought last night's finale really stuck the landing. A very cool visual concept to end on. Left some interesting cliffhangers and open threads for the next season. Glad it wasn't just me that thought she was exceptional in that one. I also thought that Maude Apatow's Lexi stole pretty much all of the scenes she was in. Not sure what they plan on doing with her character, but she should get more screen time next season. She provides some much needed comic relief in an otherwise heavy show.

Back