Television

ayayrawn

I decided to start binge-watching Invader ZIM for the first time in a while in preparation for Enter the Florpus. It's still so awesome, incredibly funny and lovably bizarre. I adore it <3
Is it on Hulu or something? Would like to get some nostalgia in before watching the movie.

Clint Howard

IMG_0004.jpg

For anyone watching The Boys.. I knew the store Hughie worked at looked familiar - that's because it's literally just down the street from me. Saw them setting up to shoot it but (dumbly) assumed it would be for some low budget canadian shit show that i'd never watch so i didn't bother to see what was going on. my loss i guess.

nolalady

Velvet Goldmine
Because I am a Scifi nerd and love space, I've been watching Netflix's Another Life. If you miss Starbuck from Battlestar, then this is definitely the show for you. Thus far, I am on episode 6 and I'm really liking this one.

There's a Spanish series on Netflix called La Casa De Papel (The house of paper? I have no idea how they translated it) that somehow it's a huge success here in Argentina. So season 3 started a couple of weeks ago and I found I had nothing interestin to watch so I thought why not.

I'm going to say that since I started watching it, I haven't taken any Ambien to go to sleep.
Speaking of Spanish series, I really, really want to start HBO's show Los Espookys

Teeeee

Because I am a Scifi nerd and love space, I've been watching Netflix's Another Life. If you miss Starbuck from Battlestar, then this is definitely the show for you. Thus far, I am on episode 6 and I'm really liking this one.

Speaking of Spanish series, I really, really want to start HBO's show Los Espookys
I was momentarily unsure what I wanted to start next. I had Another Life in my queue because.... starbuck! I started last night. 1.5 episodes in and I'm digging this. It's like BG and Dark Matter combined. And so much starbuck! (Yes, sometimes I imagine characters as grown up versions of previous characters actors/actresses have played). That's for the nudge!

nolalady

Velvet Goldmine
I was momentarily unsure what I wanted to start next. I had Another Life in my queue because.... starbuck! I started last night. 1.5 episodes in and I'm digging this. It's like BG and Dark Matter combined. And so much starbuck! (Yes, sometimes I imagine characters as grown up versions of previous characters actors/actresses have played). That's for the nudge!
Hands down, one of the best Sci Fi shows out there is The Expanse. They just do such a wonderful job creating a world where humans setting up colonies on other worlds is scientifically feasible. This show does a great job marrying some scientific and AI principles in with a compelling story. Starbuck does so well and you get the feeling she's sort of the dorm mom in a space ship full of 20 somethings.

wokeupnew

Alright so without scrolling through everything over the past few weeks. What’s the show that everyone says is really good? Our Boys or The Boys?

Because there’s two different shows.

One is an average at best (based off the first episode I watched) superhero show and the other is an HBO show I just noticed. My guess is it’s actually Our Boys which is the one everyone here has been talking about. Jeez

Indymisanthrope

Alright so without scrolling through everything over the past few weeks. What’s the show that everyone says is really good? Our Boys or The Boys?

One is an average at best (based off the first episode I watched) superhero show and the other is an HBO show I just noticed. My guess is it’s actually Our Boys which is the one everyone here has been talking about. Jeez
Don’t sleep on the TBS comedy My Boys. One good thing I can say about it is that it also had the word “Boys” in the title.

folsom_lives

Ok. Late to the True Detective party but I finished season 1 last night and recall a bunch of people saying season 2 sucked.

Show of hands who thinks it's worth the watch?

Teeeee

The Boys was a fun superhero show that is not for everyone.

Has Our Boys started? I do want to watch that - it looks intense.