Television

I remember her being really snippy with people on Twitter for no reason. Like people tagging her in stuff talking about the show and she'd just go off on them. Also she was very, very critical of Bernie Sanders and "Bernie Bros" which turned like half of all Community fans against her.

I don't think she's done anything wrong, just some of her views were/are devisive.
Okay maybe I'm thinking of someone else then. I thought I remembered something else along the lines of being an anti-vaxxer or something.

This is an accurate description. It's just episode after episode of people in robes and wigs sat around a table talking about weddings.

I can't believe they have got it so badly wrong and made such a terrible show 🤣
This is what I expected when they announced it. “Just keep doing what you’re doing guys, but…cut the budgets by 40%. Give the audience just enough money shots to keep us trending on Twitter.”

If I asked you the biggest fantasy series currently on television, what would you say?

The Rings of Power, Wheel of Time, House of Dragons?

I'd like to remind you that Cobra Kai operates within a universe where karate results in numerous felonious assaults among upper middle class teens, arson, prison time, bribery, and global schemes. Karate!

I don't know...dragons and rings of power don't seem so fantastical relatively speaking.

The more that the rings of power goes on the more annoying its litany of stereotypes through accents is getting. Especially the bloody Harfoots.

That said at least something happened in the last 20 minutes of the last episode. The final battle and the creating of mount doom and Mordor was great. It was badly needed though, the series has been badly drifting before that.

The more that the rings of power goes on the more annoying its litany of stereotypes through accents is getting. Especially the bloody Harfoots.

That said at least something happened in the last 20 minutes of the last episode. The final battle and the creating of mount doom and Mordor was great. It was badly needed though, the series has been badly drifting before that.
Oh come on, you know this is a pretty fair representation of you Oirish: big hairy feet, jiggery-pokery music and work shy.

All kidding aside, but this sort of stuff really makes watching things like this series difficult for me. It is pretty close to Jar-Jar Binks quality writing.

Oh come on, you know this is a pretty fair representation of you Oirish: big hairy feet, jiggery-pokery music and work shy.

All kidding aside, but this sort of stuff really makes watching things like this series difficult for me. It is pretty close to Jar-Jar Binks quality writing.
They could really just avoid all these issues by using Newfie accents instead, I don't think they have televisions.

This is accurate.

Also when do I start liking Galadriel?

Yep that was by far the best episode- everyone misdirected by everyone else - elves won the battle but not the war

Still loving Atlanta. This final season seems to be a refocus back onto the Atlanta of seasons 1 and 2. I personally really enjoyed season 3 and am still baffled why critics didn't enjoy it. It was some of the most interesting, creative tv of the year. Season 4 is going strong, albeit slightly more understated in places. The most recent episode seems to be well-loved, but it's my least favorite because of how much smaller it is and how it doesn't quite speak to me. The first three eps were great though. This remains my favorite show on tv easily.

Also finished up Breaking Bad and we are now onto Better Call Saul. Breaking Bad definitely, to me, does lose some of what made it so great in the earlier seasons. There are unexplained things that are hard to ignore to me (like how did Walt poison Brock), but once you get to Ozymandias in season 5 things just hit hard still. That episode is brutal. From there, the show does kinda slowly move toward the end. The finale is good, but I don't think it's phenomenal or anything. Ultimately it is a satisfying show that stays true to its goal, which is nice considering how so many shows tend to lose themselves the longer they go. Watched El Camino again after it and my opinion on that is still the same as when I first watched it. It's a nice epilogue for Jesse, but it's not especially incredible.

Finished up the newest season of Taskmaster NZ. It wasn't quite as good as the second, but still a super fun show. But I am more excited about the original UK one being back. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the new group. I am aware of 3 of them, but don't know their work super well. However, with one episode in I was all in. Next to Atlanta this is my other favorite show on TV. I do wish more US people would watch it. They did launch a subscription service that has almost all of the seasons I think with the intention specifically being to deliver it easily to people outside of the UK. I mean, I still use a VPN and just stream it on All4, but if you don't want to bother, I'd say check out the subscription.

Still loving Atlanta. This final season seems to be a refocus back onto the Atlanta of seasons 1 and 2. I personally really enjoyed season 3 and am still baffled why critics didn't enjoy it. It was some of the most interesting, creative tv of the year. Season 4 is going strong, albeit slightly more understated in places. The most recent episode seems to be well-loved, but it's my least favorite because of how much smaller it is and how it doesn't quite speak to me. The first three eps were great though. This remains my favorite show on tv easily.

Also finished up Breaking Bad and we are now onto Better Call Saul. Breaking Bad definitely, to me, does lose some of what made it so great in the earlier seasons. There are unexplained things that are hard to ignore to me (like how did Walt poison Brock), but once you get to Ozymandias in season 5 things just hit hard still. That episode is brutal. From there, the show does kinda slowly move toward the end. The finale is good, but I don't think it's phenomenal or anything. Ultimately it is a satisfying show that stays true to its goal, which is nice considering how so many shows tend to lose themselves the longer they go. Watched El Camino again after it and my opinion on that is still the same as when I first watched it. It's a nice epilogue for Jesse, but it's not especially incredible.

Finished up the newest season of Taskmaster NZ. It wasn't quite as good as the second, but still a super fun show. But I am more excited about the original UK one being back. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the new group. I am aware of 3 of them, but don't know their work super well. However, with one episode in I was all in. Next to Atlanta this is my other favorite show on TV. I do wish more US people would watch it. They did launch a subscription service that has almost all of the seasons I think with the intention specifically being to deliver it easily to people outside of the UK. I mean, I still use a VPN and just stream it on All4, but if you don't want to bother, I'd say check out the subscription.
That this was my reminder that Atlanta is even still on, is indictative of how much it's hiatus made it fall off the cultural consciousness. Literally haven't seen anyone talk about it's last season besides this post (glad you're enjoying it tho, maybe one day I'll watch it all again and remember how exciting early-mid 2016 was).

After the first 2 or 3 episodes I ended up not caring about She-Hulk at all. I'll likely pick it back up at some point, just to finish it and make sure I understand whatever references they make in the Marvel movies.

I've heard nothing but good things about Andor. I need to start that. I never finished Obi Wan... it wasn't good.

I've never liked Game of Thrones. I tried to read the books in high school and I hated them. I tried to watch the show when it came out and I hated that too. I have no desire to find out how shitty people are being shitty to other shitty people before all the shitty people I know about started being shitty.

The Lord of the Rings is one of my major fandoms though, so The Rings of Power is something I look forward to every week.

Last edited:
After the first 2 or 3 episodes I ended up not caring about She-Hulk at all. I'll likely pick it back up at some point, just to finish it and make sure I understand whatever references they make in the Marvel movies.

I've heard nothing but good things about Andor. I need to start theat. I never finished Obi Wan... it wasn't good.

I've never liked Game of Thrones. I tried to read the books in high school and I hated them. I tried to watch the show when it came out and I hated that too. I have no desire to find out how shitty people are being shitty to other shitty people before all the shitty people I know about started being shitty.

The Lord of the Rings is one of my major fandoms though, so The Rings of Power is something I look forward to every week.
I think I've said it before here but but ROP and HotD feel like homework while both Andor and She Hulk are shows I look forward to every week. I thought I was going to hate She Hulk based on the premise but I really love it.

Back