Television

I've been limiting myself to an episode of Sandman every other day so that I don't burn through it too quickly and it lets me think on each episode which works well for the show.

In the meantime, I've finally started Only Murders in the Building and I'm loving that too. It's much better than I'd thought it would be. Steve Martin and Selena Gomez are both surprising in their roles by not acting as I expected because of what I've seen of them elsewhere. Martin Short is exactly what I expected and that's not a bad thing. I was worried they'd make Martin and Steve too much like the odd couple with an oil and vinegar vibe, but the way their friendship develops is what has made me like the show so much.
I love Only Murders! S2 is right up there w S1

Yeah, I finished it today while kids were with their grandmother. I really liked it and can’t wait for the next season. I am not sure what I want to watch next.

Yes! Glad you liked it.
I'm looking forward to checking out Paper Girls, but I'm half-tempted to watch The Sandman again first!
(but with my father-in-law here for a couple more days and my own father arriving in a couple of hours to stay a week, realistically I don't think I'll be doing either!)

Yes! Glad you liked it.
I'm looking forward to checking out Paper Girls, but I'm half-tempted to watch The Sandman again first!
(but with my father-in-law here for a couple more days and my own father arriving in a couple of hours to stay a week, realistically I don't think I'll be doing either!)
Paper Girls was very good. Not Sandman level, but very good for what it is. I'm excited for the next season. It was more of a binge show for me. Sandman will get multiple watches from me, each episode creates it's own feel and I think I'll go back to certain ones even out of order.

Same.
She was so unlikable, so it was hard at times to care. And she absolutely would have died in the end.
Yeah I completely agree. I assumed they purposely made her unlikeable to allow for a redemption arc, but it just never materialised. The whole flashback scenes became overpowering for my liking as well. Here you have a great set-up of surviving in the wilderness and most of it is taken up by frankly boring flashbacks (imo)

So if I want to watch Better Call Saul live tonight, can I do that on AMC+ and also can you pause it and it pick up where you left off, or does it skip ahead in the stream?

So if I want to watch Better Call Saul live tonight, can I do that on AMC+ and also can you pause it and it pick up where you left off, or does it skip ahead in the stream?
Don't know, sorry! I signed up for a trial for AMC+ before I realized I couldn't watch the beginning of the season and I thought of using the VPN. Expired now and didn't use it once, heh.

Don't know, sorry! I signed up for a trial for AMC+ before I realized I couldn't watch the beginning of the season and I thought of using the VPN. Expired now and didn't use it once, heh.
I signed up for a year membership at a really low price last year. Figured I could watch BCS as it airs and rewatch Mad Men. I haven’t used it as much as I expected. But I’ve watched this whole season of BCS usually the next day or two.

I signed up for a year membership at a really low price last year. Figured I could watch BCS as it airs and rewatch Mad Men. I haven’t used it as much as I expected. But I’ve watched this whole season of BCS usually the next day or two.
I've used it more than expected but not for what I expected. I sometimes just want to put bad horror movies on in the background when I'm browsing my phone and it's great for that. Some really good stuff in the mix too, but lots of cheesey stuff. And I love creep show.

Last edited:
I still have Cable and a DVR. I’ll watch the Better Call Saul finale tomorrow afternoon like any self respecting aged Millennial. I won’t fast forward through commercials either. That’s when I get to go get as snack, check my phone, and/or see a man about a horse.

Managed to catch the Saul finale tonight.

It was great! Bob and Rhea should be shoe-ins for emmys next year. Really going to miss this universe.

Last edited:
Back