Television

So I got through the second episode of the Sandman, and thus far, I really like it. My caveat is that I never read the comics, but I am really enjoying the story and I think it's a really beautiful show visually speaking.
It’s faithful to the comics but different so I don’t think it matters if you know the source.

So I got through the second episode of the Sandman, and thus far, I really like it. My caveat is that I never read the comics, but I am really enjoying the story and I think it's a really beautiful show visually speaking.
I've only watched the first episode, and as a comics reader I was impressed, even if the medium/budget of tv can't hold a candle to the comic's art and atmosphere. Good to know you don't have to be knowledgable or previously invested for the show to work.

I've only watched the first episode, and as a comics reader I was impressed, even if the medium/budget of tv can't hold a candle to the comic's art and atmosphere. Good to know you don't have to be knowledgable or previously invested for the show to work.
I am a huge fantasy fan and I love Gaiman's novels, so this is really fun for me.

I am a huge fantasy fan and I love Gaiman's novels, so this is really fun for me.
If they can get enough seasons, it pays out like a slot machine.

Speaking of (without edging too far into spoiler territory), I read the episode titles, and it seems they're going a few volumes in with this season, which I'm pretty happy with; I was a bit concerned we'd only get Preludes and Nocturnes. And knowing Netflix, I could not imagine them shelling out for 7 or 8 seasons; but with this pace, seems like they could get through the whole story in 3 or 4.

I watched the season finale of The Bear last night and thought it was perfect.
I really enjoyed Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Richie. What a soulful performance, especially in the last couple episodes. And Ayo Edebiri as Sydney was fantastic throughout.
watched this over the last three days and it thoroughly rules. A perfect little season of TV.

Is there any way to watch the new Better Call Saul season on streaming? AMC+ only has the most recent episodes and I don't wanna give Amazon money. Binged the first 5 seasons in like two weeks... I'm hooked
Not sure if you figured this out yet, but I've been using a VPN and watching it on UK Netflix. Binged all of the current season in the past week or so, really enjoying where they're taking this one.

Not sure if you figured this out yet, but I've been using a VPN and watching it on UK Netflix. Binged all of the current season in the past week or so, really enjoying where they're taking this one.
I had no idea it was on UK Netflix. What time do the new episodes show up there? Is it the following day?

Last edited:
I've been limiting myself to an episode of Sandman every other day so that I don't burn through it too quickly and it lets me think on each episode which works well for the show.

In the meantime, I've finally started Only Murders in the Building and I'm loving that too. It's much better than I'd thought it would be. Steve Martin and Selena Gomez are both surprising in their roles by not acting as I expected because of what I've seen of them elsewhere. Martin Short is exactly what I expected and that's not a bad thing. I was worried they'd make Martin and Steve too much like the odd couple with an oil and vinegar vibe, but the way their friendship develops is what has made me like the show so much.

Back