Television

I'm so glad to hear other people saying the same things I have been feeling about Yellowjackets this season. I thought it was just me. I am really struggling to finish it up but feel obligated to see it through at this point!
Agreed. I really enjoyed S1 but S2 was SO hard to get through. I was just majorly bored during long stretches.

Agreed. I really enjoyed S1 but S2 was SO hard to get through. I was just majorly bored during long stretches.

Ah, you see, the boredom is actually why this season is so brilliant! You see, life in the woods was exciting and life since is dull, and this boredom is imposed on the viewer to lessen the divide between the viewer and the viewed, just as the divide between human and animal broke down. This is all, of course, a metaphor for the Italian worker uprisings of 1919 and the subsequent imposition of fascism under Mussolini, whose name of course starts with M, the same letter as "modernity".

OK, but not really, I've only seen the trailer so far...

I'm so glad to hear other people saying the same things I have been feeling about Yellowjackets this season. I thought it was just me. I am really struggling to finish it up but feel obligated to see it through at this point!
I don't have Showtime and was doing the free trials to basically binge it. Might just wait for season 3 at this point to see how it is.

I like Yellowjackets but don't love it. My wife and I had a very hard time even getting through the first season. We almost gave up after the third or fourth episode. None of the characters are likeable and I'm only watching to see who survived and how they were eventually found and rescued.

That said, we're a couple of episodes in season two and it doesn't seem much different than the first season.

Also, it might be an unpopular opinion but Juliette Lewis is a horrible actress (at least now). She is my least favorite part of Yellowjackets, and the excellent Welcome To Chippendales limited series from last year.

Please do. The final episode of last season might've been the most satisfying season finale I've seen in quite some time.

A friend strongly recommended The Bear (S1) to me, and I recall feeling underwhelmed after watching the first episode. But, we stuck with it, and quickly realized just how excellent it truly is. Definitely give it another chance.
Ok so I have only watched the next two episodes in the first season but it already opened right up to me. I don’t know why the first ep didn’t draw me in much initially. The second one really did. Maybe the hype was just too much at the time and watching with skepticism I didn’t see the appeal. But I get it now. The way it’s already expanding the characters shows how pretty amazing the writing is.

Ok so I have only watched the next two episodes in the first season but it already opened right up to me. I don’t know why the first ep didn’t draw me in much initially. The second one really did. Maybe the hype was just too much at the time and watching with skepticism I didn’t see the appeal. But I get it now. The way it’s already expanding the characters shows how pretty amazing the writing is.
Yes! And, it will just keep getting better. Enjoy!

Jeremy Allen White, who plays Carmy, is absolutely amazing. But all the cast is wonderful

Black Mirror new season episode 2

I thought it was a really good episode. But it didn’t feel very “black mirror-y” it just felt like a show similar to Shetland, Broadchurch, etc. Also the story was so good I was thinking how much it could have used a little bit of a longer run time and/or would have been its own tv show. It have been excellent stretched out just a little bit more.

Ayo Edebiri is already blowing up, after her role in The Bear. When I went to see Asteroid City, she was in two of the movie trailers that played beforehand (Bottoms and Theater Camp).
Yeah, just this year alone credits include Black Mirror, I Think You Should Leave, Abbott Elementary and Spider-Verse

I've been loving Yellowjackets. Totally agree that s2 lacks the propulsiveness of s1, but I'm happy with all the character dynamics. Maybe I'm weird for thinking this show is more of a comedy than it's presented to be? I'm having a blast with it.
I'm in the same boat! I view it as a dramedy at this point and I'm still enjoying it! Looking forward to see what they come up with in S3.

Beef. Highly recommend.
Ebon-Moss-Bachrach-The-Bear-Richie-Jerimovich-The-Original-Beef-of-Chicagoland-T-Shirt.jpg

Heard chef

I keep calling The Bear “Beef” because of the name of the restaurant. I don’t really know how the name, The Bear, applies to the show yet, but I’m assuming it’s more relevant in the new season (which I haven’t finished yet).

I keep calling The Bear “Beef” because of the name of the restaurant. I don’t really know how the name, The Bear, applies to the show yet, but I’m assuming it’s more relevant in the new season (which I haven’t finished yet).

the main character is Carmine "Bear" Berzatoo
And at the end of season one they announce the closing of The Beef, but a new restaurant called "The Bear" will be opening soon. Then Season 2 delves into its opening.

Back