Television

Succession thoughts

The showrunners are doing a great job of making sure we don't like any of the three siblings as we near the end.
Roman with his random power trip firings. (The scene with the studio exec was fantastic though)
Shiv with her Tom games. "This is the first time you've made me feel something." Ouch.
Kendall has been barely likeable throughout the show, but this latest 'lie your way to getting what you want' is fully on display...all while he grandstands and pats himself on the back.

I am hoping it all crashes down on them....and it might.
Sarah Snook was excellent in this last episode by the way, as was Kieran Culkin

One episode in and I can already tell this HBO miniseries White House Plumbers is gonna be a trip. Harrelson and Theroux are having a blast and the supporting cast is stacked; Lena Headey, Judy Greer, Gary Cole, Toby Huss, Rich Sommer, Jon Glaser, etc…

Last edited:
Not sure on the time jump. Yes, Barry gets all that he wants and is still unhappy, paranoid, and also stunting his son's growth. Sally is still the short-fused psychopath who is unhappy and trapped in the situation she backed into. But I was content in the way the present timeline was progressing.

It makes me squirm, which is probably the point. Dang you Bill.

Uh oh, Shiv. Also, thought Tom was gonna jump.

Not sure on the time jump. Yes, Barry gets all that he wants and is still unhappy, paranoid, and also stunting his son's growth. Sally is still the short-fused psychopath who is unhappy and trapped in the situation she backed into. But I was content in the way the present timeline was progressing.

This was definitely one of the most unsettling episodes of the series for me. Especially both of their treatment of the son.

Yeah, if you think about it, most loose ends were tied up and we were back at Barry and Cousineau simultaneously being hunted and on the run. Which now we’re back at that again only 10 years in the future. I wouldn’t quite call NoHo Hank a loose end anymore but there’s 3 episodes left, essentially a feature length to wrap this thing up nicely. Kinda reminded me of Better Call Saul with the time jumps

Yeah, if you think about it, most loose ends were tied up and we were back at Barry and Cousineau simultaneously being hunted and on the run. Which now we’re back at that again only 10 years in the future. I wouldn’t quite call NoHo Hank a loose end anymore but there’s 3 episodes left, essentially a feature length to wrap this thing up nicely. Kinda reminded me of Better Call Saul with the time jumps
What I thought was interesting about this episode / time jump is that it answered the "what if" that Better Call Saul left unanswered. Everyone wanted Jimmy & Kim to have a happy ending (which they really got, not in the way that some wanted), but with Barry you get to see just how soulless life would have been like in hiding. Not looking forward to seeing how unkind time has been to Hank though.

I think with the new episode of Barry...I expected something like it based on the ending of the previous week. It felt tonally different, more almost surreal in certain scenes. But there was some good humor inside the darkness, as always. And I even more appreciate Hader's filmmaking techniques. There were so many good shots here that played with light and dark, and fades in and out.

What I thought was interesting about this episode / time jump is that it answered the "what if" that Better Call Saul left unanswered. Everyone wanted Jimmy & Kim to have a happy ending (which they really got, not in the way that some wanted), but with Barry you get to see just how soulless life would have been like in hiding. Not looking forward to seeing how unkind time has been to Hank though.
Eek! I'm waiting on the last season of BCS to go to streaming on Netflix so I closed this out.

Back