Television

For anyone that finished season 1 of The Diplomat
Did the show go from a decent, West Wing-esque series on diplomacy to a Deep State conspiracy show in its last 5 minutes? While the idea of the British PM may have been somehow involved in the attack on the ship popped into my head couple of times while watching, I thought that was outlandish for the type of show this is trying to be. This is a bit of a head scratcher and I am not sure how I feel about the show now. Plus they better not have killed Ronnie or I will be royally pissed.

Great Succession last night; maybe the funniest of the season so far.
Lots of shades of 2016 and 2020 in turn. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but my guess is at the start of next episode we'll learn Rome called WI/AZ too early and ATN's reputation has tanked severely.

Great Succession last night; maybe the funniest of the season so far.
Lots of shades of 2016 and 2020 in turn. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but my guess is at the start of next episode we'll learn Rome called WI/AZ too early and ATN's reputation has tanked severely.
Funny, but also slightly terrifying. Not going to lie, it brought back a little bit of anxiety from 2016 election night.

Funny, but also slightly terrifying. Not going to lie, it brought back a little bit of anxiety from 2016 election night.
Yeah, it felt like an almost shot-for-shot remake, which I feel is low hanging fruit for me at this point. They're really dragging out the Matsson thing at this point and the fact that Shiv is basically getting picked apart in every episode is frustrating. Hoping for some kind of redemption arc there, though you can argue none of these people deserve it. Even the best part of the show (Greg's humor/banter with Tom) is being turned into a nasty weapon.

Yeah, it felt like an almost shot-for-shot remake, which I feel is low hanging fruit for me at this point. They're really dragging out the Matsson thing at this point and the fact that Shiv is basically getting picked apart in every episode is frustrating. Hoping for some kind of redemption arc there, though you can argue none of these people deserve it. Even the best part of the show (Greg's humor/banter with Tom) is being turned into a nasty weapon.
Also....

KENDALL FINALLY ADMITS HE'S A BAD DAD!!!

With Barry and Succession winding down (and finishing Yellowjackets on the side), I'm now eyeing my next show. Here's the list:

Jury Duty
Bupkis
Shrinking
Santa Clarita Diet
Devs
Escape at Dannemora
Beef
Getting On
Deadwood
Rome
Snowfall
Halt and Catch Fire
Detroiters
Mythic Quest
Friday Night Lights

I can usually handle 2 or 3 at once, especially if it's just started and only 1 season thus far.

With Barry and Succession winding down (and finishing Yellowjackets on the side), I'm now eyeing my next show. Here's the list:

Jury Duty
Bupkis
Shrinking
Santa Clarita Diet
Devs
Escape at Dannemora
Beef
Getting On
Deadwood
Rome
Snowfall
Halt and Catch Fire
Detroiters
Mythic Quest
Friday Night Lights

I can usually handle 2 or 3 at once, especially if it's just started and only 1 season thus far.
Me and my wife loved Jury Duty. I haven't watched any of the others. But Jury Duty is a quick watch.

Jury Duty
Bupkis
Shrinking
Santa Clarita Diet
Devs
Escape at Dannemora
Beef
Getting On
Deadwood
Rome
Snowfall
Halt and Catch Fire
Detroiters
Mythic Quest
Friday Night Lights

Recommend Shrinking for something short and light and legit funny, Dannemora is a very good limited series so not a huge ccommitment. Halt and Catch Fire is very good but a longer commitment. But Friday Night Lights is an all timer.

Jury Duty
Bupkis
Shrinking
Santa Clarita Diet
Devs
Escape at Dannemora
Beef
Getting On
Deadwood
Rome
Snowfall
Halt and Catch Fire
Detroiters
Mythic Quest
Friday Night Lights

Devs is nice since it is a single season (10eps?).
I enjoyed Mythic Quest, though the 3rd season was a bit middling.
We loved Santa Clarita Diet. Timothy Oliphant is a comedic treasure.

Jury Duty
Bupkis
Shrinking
Santa Clarita Diet
Devs
Escape at Dannemora
Beef
Getting On
Deadwood
Rome
Snowfall
Halt and Catch Fire
Detroiters
Mythic Quest
Friday Night Lights

Deadwood is one of my all time favorite shows.

Jury Duty
Bupkis
Shrinking
Santa Clarita Diet
Devs
Escape at Dannemora
Beef
Getting On
Deadwood
Rome
Snowfall
Halt and Catch Fire
Detroiters
Mythic Quest
Friday Night Lights

If you haven't seen it watch Justified before any of these.

Back