Television

It does also seem a lot of people conflate the church scene as meaning "the church is a purgatory they've all arrived in at once," and not "the church is the purgatory they will each eventually pass through;" I recently had a convo with a friend where they said the finale sucked because "it turned out they were all dead all along," which isn't what's trying to be conveyed there.

Yes. I think people don't understand it...which is a little odd, as Jack's dad explains it.

I was fine with the ending of Lost.

My issue was that it got a bit in the weeds and couldn't finish every plot point as good as it should have. I think it needed one more season just to give things the proper finality. That season 6 felt a bit rushed.

This latest season of How to With John Wilson is on some masterpiece level shit. Latest episode about dreams might be my favorite one yet.

In the states you can watch the Call The Midwife Christmas special free right now. It was the highest rated program on Christmas in the UK.

Here are my top 15 shows/mini-series of 2021

1a- Ted Lasso
1b- Succession

*note* I know a tie at number 1 is a cop out but Ted Lasso was my favorite show to watch while IMO Succession is the best thing I've watched all year. I've watched both multiple times so feel fine having a tie for first!

3- Squid Game
4- Mare of Easttown
5- Curb your Enthusiasm
6- Maid
7- Hacks
8- White lotus
9- It's a Sin
10- Mr. In Between
11- Lupin
12- Dave
13- Only Murders in the Building
14- Yellowjackets (season isn't done yet, could be higher or off my list based on if they stick the landing!)
15- Love Life

Honorable Mentions:
Reservation Dogs
Dopesick
Insecure
Girls5eva
The Chair
MythicQuest
Call My Agent!
Physical
Loki
WandaVision

Would love to know your thoughts on my list!

1a- Ted Lasso
1b- Succession

*note* I know a tie at number 1 is a cop out but Ted Lasso was my favorite show to watch while IMO Succession is the best thing I've watched all year. I've watched both multiple times so feel fine having a tie for first!

3- Squid Game
4- Mare of Easttown
5- Curb your Enthusiasm
6- Maid
7- Hacks
8- White lotus
9- It's a Sin
10- Mr. In Between
11- Lupin
12- Dave
14- Yellowjackets (season isn't done yet, could be higher or off my list based on if they stick the landing!)
15- Love Life

Honorable Mentions:
Reservation Dogs
Dopesick
Insecure
Girls5eva
The Chair
MythicQuest
Call My Agent!
Physical
Loki
WandaVision

I loved watching Ted Lasso and Succession week to week more than anything else this year too. I still have more to catch up on, and I think the two I most look forward to watching are Only Murders In The Building and Hacks.

Mare of Easttown was great too. And for British tv I think the two newest seasons of Taskmaster were phenomenal.

I am also pretty invested in Station Eleven at the moment, and am so curious to see where it goes.

I loved watching Ted Lasso and Succession week to week more than anything else this year too. I still have more to catch up on, and I think the two I most look forward to watching are Only Murders In The Building and Hacks.

Mare of Easttown was great too. And for British tv I think the two newest seasons of Taskmaster were phenomenal.

I am also pretty invested in Station Eleven at the moment, and am so curious to see where it goes.
I'm with you on Station Eleven - I was wowed by a few episodes but there were also a couple that left my head scratching. We'll see if they can pull it off!

I'll check out Taskmaster, thanks.

I'm with you on Station Eleven - I was wowed by a few episodes but there were also a couple that left my head scratching. We'll see if they can pull it off!

I'll check out Taskmaster, thanks.
Just to prep you if you don’t know, Taskmaster is a goofy panel show sort of. With 5 British comedians performing a serious of strange, or simple, or fun tasks and then getting judged by the Taskmaster (Greg Davies). I mean…it’s maybe not for everyone? But if you can get down with absurd British humor and get into the vibe of the show - which is silly, chaotic, comforting to me - then it’ll be your new favorite show. There have been 12 seasons…I think some are on YouTube.

And I probably overexplained it. Sorry!

As for Station Eleven, it was built up so much to me cause I started checking in and out of The Watch podcast. And while I don’t think it lives up to those expectations yet, I am pretty into it. It’s hard to describe the show and hard to completely figure out, so I guess I won’t know how I truly feel till the end.

Taskmaster is great. I think @Mather hipped me to it in later 2020. Watched all 12 seasons, just wrapping up season 12 a couple of weeks ago. Now I have to go cold turkey on it until the spring.
T'wasn't I. NIGHTMather perhaps, but while I'm aware of it I've never actually seen it. I try to keep my viewing separate for legal plausible deniability reasons.

Taskmaster is great. I think @Mather hipped me to it in later 2020. Watched all 12 seasons, just wrapping up season 12 a couple of weeks ago. Now I have to go cold turkey on it until the spring.
I’ve already re-watched a few seasons and it holds up still. Love it so much. Probably the best discovery of 2021 for me.

Also there is a new year’s special on New Year’s Day. And supposedly another Champion of Champions at some point soon. But those are both just one episode each.

1a- Ted Lasso
1b- Succession

3- Squid Game
4- Mare of Easttown ❤
5- Curb your Enthusiasm
6- Maid
7- Hacks
8- White lotus
9- It's a Sin
10- Mr. In Between
11- Lupin
12- Dave
14- Yellowjackets (season isn't done yet, could be higher or off my list based on if they stick the landing!) 🔥🔥🔥
15- Love Life

Honorable Mentions:
Reservation Dogs
Dopesick
Insecure
Girls5eva
The Chair
MythicQuest
Call My Agent!
Physical
Loki
WandaVision 👍👍

Back