Television

I can't believe how good these kids are in it, and I usually hate child actors

The actress who plays Elora is 28 years old
Devery-Jacobs-at-2021-Emmys.jpg

For those following along - the Hisense TV issue isn't resolved just yet. I sent their broken TV back almost weeks ago and I haven't heard from them, and they haven't replied to my emails yet. So, from the first contact to them after it broke to now has been just over nine weeks with nothing settled yet.

Luckily, the Samsung issue I had was the HDMI cable. Once I swapped that out, it has been able to recognize my cable box.

The actress who plays Elora is 28 years old
Devery-Jacobs-at-2021-Emmys.jpg
Wow, I hope she milks that fountain of youth for all it's worth. She did seem older than the other actors in the show but I never would have guessed she was that much older than her role.

Paulina Alexis (Willie Jack), who apparently is 20, really blew me away. Her delivery is so natural.

Looking up the other actors, D'Pharaoh who plays Bear is also 20... Only Lane who plays Cheese is actually 16. Damn, good-ass actors tricking me into thinking they were actually teenagers... or maybe I'm getting to that age where everyone younger than me is a kid.

I stumbled across a fun and sad thread on Twitter today.

The copy reads
”I promise I won’t cry. It’s just a single frame from a TV show.”

The single frame

Then people posted a pic from a show. There were SO many good ones, MASH, Fresh Prince, Good Times, Mary Tyler Moore, tons of others. And it wasn’t necessarily frames from finales.

So anyway, here’s the one I posted.

E520E3B1-03F9-42D0-A811-25EA847D09B9.jpeg

I stumbled across a fun and sad thread on Twitter today.

The copy reads
”I promise I won’t cry. It’s just a single frame from a TV show.”

The single frame

Then people posted a pic from a show. There were SO many good ones, MASH, Fresh Prince, Good Times, Mary Tyler Moore, tons of others. And it wasn’t necessarily frames from finales.

So anyway, here’s the one I posted.

View attachment 112951
RIP Coach!

The Beard episode of Ted Lasso is a great, one-off deviation from the typical show formula in the same vein as the Teddy Perkins episode of Atlanta. I've been humming Hello since I watched on Friday.
I wasn't completely taken with it, nor was I completely turned off from it. Aspects of it I loved, especially the part with Hello. Just that whole sequence, as weird and almost out of place as it was really worked for me. I'm sad there are only 3? episodes left... I feel there's still a lot that needs to be addressed. But much like the Christmas episode, I saw this episode as simply a fun exercise in doing something different.

I’ve only watched Doctors 9, 10, and 11. The first two episodes of 12 but it was boring so I gave up. Russell T. Davies was what made those seasons of the show so enjoyable. This has definitely piqued my interest.

Has anyone else been watching Impeachment: American Crime Story?

I'll probably wait until it's all out and see what the concensus is before I start. People vs OJ is one of the best seasons of television of the last decade, but the Versace season was a chore to get through. No one has diminishing returns quite to the degree of Ryan Murphy.

Last edited:
I want to. We really enjoy the OJ one quite a bit but I haven’t given it a go as of yet.

I'll probably wait until it's all out and see what the concensus is before I start. People vs OJ is one of the best season's of television of the last decade, but the Versace season was a chore to get through. No one has diminishing returns quite to the degree of Ryan Murphy.
I didn't watch OJ, but this one is really compelling. Whoever wrote the screenplay must have thought Linda Tripp was a hideous person though. She is not painted in a good light.

I'll probably wait until it's all out and see what the concensus is before I start. People vs OJ is one of the best season's of television of the last decade, but the Versace season was a chore to get through. No one has diminishing returns quite to the degree of Ryan Murphy.
Versace got a little soapy at times and the kills got a little American Horror Story at times but damn if Darren Criss didn’t absolutely murder (heh) the role.

Couple episodes into Only Murders in the Building, and it’s such a delight to have Steve Martin and Martin Short on my television screen again. Selena Gomez absolutely holds her own, too.
Agreed. They’re both so comfortable with each other it just makes the show really work on many levels.

Yes! I think it’s great! And for two main reasons: 1) I love the style and 2) it’s just really pleasant and funny.

I also love the soundtrack and wish they’d press it to vinyl. I keep feeling like Mondo would jump on it, but maybe the demand isn’t quite there.

Also supposedly there will be a feature length movie soon, then a third season?

You're 1 and 2 are on point! It's what initially drew me to it, and I keep coming back for it. I want to put an outfit together to cosplay as Hilda. I could dress up my chihuahua as Twig! :love::LOL:

If they ever pressed it I would be interested to see how they would design the art for the jacket and any inserts.

Yeah, I researched the show more after watching season 1. I read some talk about a movie coming out sometime this year, but no dates have been mentioned. It would be cool to see a movie as long as they still provide a season 3.

The first part is currently up on the PBS website in the U.S. for free viewing
Episodes 2-4 are now up for free viewing on PBS

Last edited:
Back