Television

Like PnR, I don't think season 1 of Schitts Creek is that good. I really had to slog through about 6 episodes before I started enjoying it. I could see the potential and I stuck with it because so many people love that show. But if i was watching alone in a vacuum, tbh, i probably would not have ever gotten past the first few episodes. I'm so glad I did. I've watched it 3x through now. Since July. :)

Call My Agent does look fun! I'll check it out. I need these feel good shows to balance out my odd fascination with really dark crime shows.

Agreed- both PnR and Schitt's Creek took some time to find themselves. SC's first episodes made me think they were going for a budget Canadian Arrested Development vibe, but luckily they realized the show could actually take it the opposite direction and have a lot of heart.

Like PnR, I don't think season 1 of Schitts Creek is that good. I really had to slog through about 6 episodes before I started enjoying it. I could see the potential and I stuck with it because so many people love that show. But if i was watching alone in a vacuum, tbh, i probably would not have ever gotten past the first few episodes. I'm so glad I did. I've watched it 3x through now. Since July. :)

Call My Agent does look fun! I'll check it out. I need these feel good shows to balance out my odd fascination with really dark crime shows.

Agreed- both PnR and Schitt's Creek took some time to find themselves. SC's first episodes made me think they were going for a budget Canadian Arrested Development vibe, but luckily they realized the show could actually take it the opposite direction and have a lot of heart.
Yup, first time I tried it was 2 episodes and zero laughs. Glad I went back to it a year later because I’m really enjoying it!

I know nothing about Line of Duty, but I did just get a VPN recently after being skeptical for years. Best decision. I can watch all the UK shows I want cause all their various channels have free streaming services. It’s completely worth it.
Think you might have to be VPN or dodgy download. I take it BBC America isn't showing it?
I may or may not have tried using a VPN and gotten to the actual episode before getting a warning that I need something called a "TV license" or they'll prosecute me and then I gave up. Allegedly.

I have not yet watched community. I should. So many of you love it.

Some of the best TV i've seen recently: I May Destroy You. Wow. That was some insanely talented story telling/writing. And shame on every award committee that overlooked it.

Another good HBO show worth checking out is We Are Who We Are. It gave me all the feels. Also the show's music is done by Blood Orange.

Another good HBO show worth checking out is We Are Who We Are. It gave me all the feels. Also the show's music is done by Blood Orange.
Hi Nate! I'll definitely watch now - our tv tastes align pretty well. It was actually already in my queue to watch.

I really had to slog through about 6 episodes before I started enjoying it.
Exactly! I watched a couple episodes and thought, ok this will just be uncomfortable all the way through. But it settles in so nicely, I absolutely loved most of the characters by the end. Even when David seemed to insist on being so impossible, he remained likeable overall. And he was so IN that character.
There's a moment I'm trying to recall when Moira tells David to stop acting like a confused goose, or something, and the shot goes to his reaction, which was spot on in the moment. I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember. Ok, I just convinced myself that SC needs a re-watch already.

Exactly! I watched a couple episodes and thought, ok this will just be uncomfortable all the way through. But it settles in so nicely, I absolutely loved most of the characters by the end. Even when David seemed to insist on being so impossible, he remained likeable overall. And he was so IN that character.
There's a moment I'm trying to recall when Moira tells David to stop acting like a confused goose, or something, and the shot goes to his reaction, which was spot on in the moment. I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember. Ok, I just convinced myself that SC needs a re-watch already.
David's facial expressions make the whole show work for me. The way he smiles and purses his lips like he's trying to be kind and not laugh at someone when he's actually definitely laughing at them (and clearly wants them to see it) is just so funny and enjoyable every single time. He works those eyebrows, too.

Now that the WWE Network is part of Peacock...

My plan: watch as many old school WWF pay-per-view events as I can.

I am starting off with Aretha Franklin singing the National Anthem to kick off Westlemania III from the Pontiac Silverdome in 1987. The main event was Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant.
E2E9BFDC-D84B-4643-B548-D2189CB0510A.jpeg
This was first WWF Event I remember really wanting to watch, of course. My parents would never spend the extra cash for a PPV event but thanks to VHS and Video rentals I would usually get to watch them a few months later.

Looks like we’ve got Gorilla Monsoon and future Minnesota Governor,Jessie “The Body” Ventura as the Play-by-play and Color commentary respectively. We also get special guest hosts Bob Ueker and Mary Hart.
BFB47541-BC8E-4F88-B105-6CFDA8DD1DD8.jpeg

Last edited:
FE54B279-3914-479A-A50C-A7C827C92E18.jpeg
After a quick tag team match won by the Can-am Connection we get an interview by “Mean” Gene Okerlund with Hercules and his manager Bobby “The Brain” Heenan prior to his match with Billy Jack Hayes.
72FF76D5-4672-4BBC-970D-9A5CD244D395.jpeg
Billy Jack with a full body press body slam of Hercules repping the Oregon Ducks with match gear.
D0180104-2033-4B9B-8995-BB7D18454E05.jpeg
Billy Jack caught up in a full nelson.
4068BD41-356E-44D3-8753-1B920485DCE2.jpeg
The tables have turned.

The match resulted in a double disqualification for getting counted out of the ring.
B83A4E4E-33DC-44B8-BD39-D7F53D402BD3.jpeg
Billy Jack ended up catching a chain to the noggin after the match.

Last edited:
Back