Television

Yep , I’m sure from memory that we were struggling around the third episode mark and you’ll get an episode soon that makes the whole plot and back story a bit more easy to get a handle on and it gets progressively better ... I enjoyed it anyways ...
Around Ep 5 it starts making more sense, and hitting its stride IMO.
Ooops, just realized I never came back here to tell you guys that you were right. Netflix really needs to offer a disclaimer on some shows: "Are you still watching? We promise it gets a lot better 2 hours from now."

Just wanted to reiterate - if anyone is looking for a short show to binge right now, Avenue 5 is just nine episodes (30 mins each). It’s a satirical show dealing with disaster response efforts and blunders - it just happens to be a space disaster rather than a global pandemic disaster. The last episode aired on March 15, so they really, really nailed the timing for releasing it haha.

Watching Little Fires Everywhere, so good. Kerry Washington and Reese Witherspoon aren't playing in this show. Can't for series finale this week.

Any Desus and Mero fans in the house? They might be hosting the only late night show whose overall quality has not been affected by the Covid outbreak. And maybe John Oliver but you can definitely see the moments on his latest, sparse broadcast where you'd expect a round of applause. I admire Colbert and the others for trying but they really need audience participation.

Any Desus and Mero fans in the house? They might be hosting the only late night show whose overall quality has not been affected by the Covid outbreak. And maybe John Oliver but you can definitely see the moments on his latest, sparse broadcast where you'd expect a round of applause. I admire Colbert and the others for trying but they really need audience participation.
The first time I had ever heard of them was their Hot Ones episode, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I've since caught a couple of their shows. Really enjoyable banter.

I JUST bought this on Blu Ray because it wasn't streaming anywhere!!

Oh well, worth it.
Yeah I'd still like to buy the Blu-Ray set at some point because I guarantee it won't be on Netflix forever, and I prefer the ability to watch something whenever I want rather than whenever Netflix allows me to

We’ve recently been watching the British series Taskmaster on YouTube. It is the perfect amount of goofy fun to veg out to in stressful times. Brits, I wish we had more panel shows like yours.
The Brits absolutely murder with their panel and chat shows. Between 8 out of 10 Cats and the Graham Norton Show our late night folks should be feeling a sense of gross inadequacy.

We still haven’t watched more than the first episode. Worth it, I take it?

It's definitely a trippy series. Not super fast paced or action packed, but I still liked it. It kind of seems like everyone is connected to each other somehow. If the Outer Limits and the Twilight Zone were mixed together with a sprinkle of Black Mirror = this show IMO. Some things happen because of people, and other things happen because of undefined reasons. Sorry to be vague, but I don't want to ruin anything for you guys. Let me know what you think!

Did you watch the next episode of Run, @Indymisanthrope ? It was a bit better than the first 2. The addition of Archie and getting off the damn train is helping. But man, I still just don't like them as human beings.

Anyone watched Penny Dreadful: City of Angels last night? I thought the first ep. was really good. Looking forward to see what happens next.

Anyone watched Penny Dreadful: City of Angels last night? I thought the first ep. was really good. Looking forward to see what happens next.

I binged the whole Penny Dreadful series last year. I liked it a lot. I fear that this is on a channel that I don't have so I'll have to wait for it to hit Netflix. It hasn't received the best reviews (but so what). Natalie Dormer is usually a very intriguing actress so I'm sure I'll check this out when it is available to me.

Back