Television

Yesssss have you watched Sick of It? I haven’t caught up with the newest season but season 1 was decent. Have to go rogue to download it because it’s not streaming anywhere

I haven't seen Sick of It. I'm pretty shit with TV shows, there's a load of new stuff I'd love to watch but we get about an hour a day after the kids are in bed and I've just started to rewatch Girls for about the fourth time. I keep telling myself I'll get around to everything when the kids leave home, lol.

Parks and Recreation fans..

Is it Less-lie or Lez-lie?

Most characters say Less-lie and it grinds my gears

My gut response was "Lez-lie," but the more I say it out loud "Less-lie" sounds right. It's like a pretty soft "ss" though. Not like a clipped "ss." You know what, maybe it is actually "Lez-lie." But you just don't linger on that z too long.

Parks and Recreation fans..

Is it Less-lie or Lez-lie?

Most characters say Less-lie and it grinds my gears
My ex inSISted that people use ‘ss’ instead of ‘z’ after some not very creative name-calling as a kid.
It's definitely the former.
My gut response was "Lez-lie," but the more I say it out loud "Less-lie" sounds right. It's like a pretty soft "ss" though. Not like a clipped "ss." You know what, maybe it is actually "Lez-lie." But you just don't linger on that z too long.
Less-lie

that's actually pretty wild that site is still up and running - with new events for 2020 too! Although probably need to be cancelled now :(

There are some hidden gems in that site. I kinda want to order a lawn sign, just to see what happens. But also don't want to accidentally add myself to a spam list.

We watched the first 3 episodes of #blackAF on Netflix this weekend. It's like Barris took all of the familiar elements of his life that he used for black-ish, put them in a blender with Curb Your Enthusiasm, dialed the likability down a half dozen notches, and called it a comedy.

I am obviously not the target demo here, so your mileage may vary, but I found it to be a show with smart ideas and funny perspectives, all filtered through characters I can't stand. Barris is also woefully inferior to the rest of his cast, as an actor.

The third episode suddenly tips into a much more serious tone, and it's somewhat more successful at that than as a straight-up comedy. There's only 8 total, so I think we're gonna finish it out, but it's a disappointment, for me.

Also @Teeeee we watched the second ep of Run last night and my opinion hasn't changed since last week. Are we supposed to like or sympathize with these characters? Who am I rooting for? Why? It's like this show is part mystery, only the mystery is "Do these people suck? Follow the clues!"

So, Community is on Netflix and it's one of my pop culture blindspots (I've only seen a couple dozen episodes, typically whatever my friends would we watching whenever I'd drop by). It's a remarkably assured show from the beginning. Intro to Film is a fantastic half hour of TV.
Totally agree. It is a really funny, well done show. IMO one of the best block of network TV comedy in my lifetime was the short time when you had Community, Parks & Recreation, The Office, and 30 Rock all on together. Unfortunately the ratings didn’t match the quality but that was an outstanding couple hours of TV. I know it was not on the same network but if I recall correctly there was even a short while that It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia as on the same night also. That’s the murderers row of comedy right there.

Also @Teeeee we watched the second ep of Run last night and my opinion hasn't changed since last week. Are we supposed to like or sympathize with these characters? Who am I rooting for? Why? It's like this show is part mystery, only the mystery is "Do these people suck? Follow the clues!"
I had forgotten about last night's episode. So I just watched it.

Yeah, I agree. My opinion is unchanged. I don't like the characters. If this is a 10 episode season, they've wasted 2 episodes setting this up. Nothing happened in this episode that I could tell actually forwards any kind of plot.

I'm hoping that the next episode dials it up some more. I'm pretty disappointed so far.

So, Community is on Netflix and it's one of my pop culture blindspots (I've only seen a couple dozen episodes, typically whatever my friends would we watching whenever I'd drop by). It's a remarkably assured show from the beginning. Intro to Film is a fantastic half hour of TV.
Totally agree. It is a really funny, well done show. IMO one of the best block of network TV comedy in my lifetime was the short time when you had Community, Parks & Recreation, The Office, and 30 Rock all on together. Unfortunately the ratings didn’t match the quality but that was an outstanding couple hours of TV. I know it was not on the same network but if I recall correctly there was even a short while that It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia as on the same night also. That’s the murderers row of comedy right there.
yup me and two friends from college would always come together to watch those shows on Thursdays, it was one of the best memories of college too. Community is an AMAZING tv show. It fell off a cliff in season 4 but the first 3 seasons are pretty much flawless.

Last edited:
Back